"New Posts" addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There needs to be a link at the bottom of a thread for "New Posts". Im not only addicted, but Im too damn lazy to scroll up to the top of the page every time. :mug:

How about a persistent unmovable link on the right or left hand side of all HBT pages? Who wants to scroll even a little bit to get their next hit of new posts?

-Steve

I'm just bored now. Randomly hitting NP.

Apparently I can only put in about 7 1/2 solid hours of football before my mind starts wandering.

Maybe I'll drift over to the debate forum and weigh in with some incisive commentary.

I'm just bored now. Randomly hitting NP.

Apparently I can only put in about 7 1/2 solid hours of football before my mind starts wandering.

Maybe I'll drift over to the debate forum and weigh in with some incisive commentary.

Same boat here. I am having trouble getting into CHI vs GB.

How about a persistent unmovable link on the right or left hand side of all HBT pages? Who wants to scroll even a little bit to get their next hit of new posts?

-Steve

I usually HATE those. But I might make an exception for a "New Posts" button.

OK, so now I get a rush when I read or post to a thread, click "New Posts", and see this thread near the top!

Oh help me.

-Steve

I hereby propose that we Sticky this thread.

It is important that new people understand the dangers they face getting involved with HBT

Oh man. This thread must be truly epic! Shecky just got involved.

Now we have to keep it bumped ALL THE TIME so it appears at the top of his "My Replies" screen the way "The Tap Room" is always at the top of mine.

It would be funny to have two counts on our Avatar screen. Total Posts and Total Posts That Actually Have Any Remote Relevance To Home Brewing Beer.

Shecky and I wouldn't have enough of those posts to qualify as Senior Members.

It would be funny to have two counts on our Avatar screen. Total Posts and Total Posts That Actually Have Any Remote Relevance To Home Brewing Beer.

Shecky and I wouldn't have enough of those posts to qualify as Senior Members.
No doubt. My actual post count would be about 30, and that may be on the high side.

Oh well.

I thought having a high total posts count meant you were smarter than others. You mean I'm not increasing my I.Q. with each post?

-Steve

345 Views ... 63 post ... I think someone is not admiting to their addictions. Shame shame *waves a finger back and forth* you know who you are ... the first step to recovery is admiting you addicted.

:tank:

It's bad when you start saying, "Just one more click before I go to bed."

Not that I just did that. :rolleyes:

-Steve

Im suprised savagesteve hasnt welcomed the new addicts to the dark saide +D
I love it when you do that!

Yeah, thats me too. This is the second time I've lurked in here today.

Honestly, the best thing I ever did in my HBT career was change my posts per page to 40... so much less loading for each thread

1 - welcome back Shecky - I thought we lost you (I've been away for a few days)

2- what the hell is the difference between this thread and the Tap Room??

just saying....

What's that, "New Posts?" You want me to click you?

I shouldn't. Really, I've had enough.

You say you'll show me something I've never seen before?

Well.......... OK.

*click*

-Steve

I'm sorely disappointed in our addicted brethren. This thread had fallen to page 3 of new posts. How am I to gt my fix if I have to go through 3 pages. I was getting then shakes until I found the thread again.

Back