NEW MEMBER FROM MAKASSAR, INDONESIA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiziiii

Reaction score
Hi, everybody. Im Fizi and im so glad to be part of this community! I know it's only for introduction sheet for new member and we should write only about our self in a short term. Anyway, I and my colleague just start our homemade banana fermentation. So far so good actually. They go as much as we hope it goes. Also it taste great. So smooth yet you'll still feel the burning effect stright to Yo brain. We've done our 8th batch last month. But, seems to us, our problem is on the yeast. We don't know how to reuse the yeast that become sediment at the bottom of the extraction bucket. Like, how to 'wake them up' or 'how do we know these yeast is not dead yet or so. Maybe if some of ya'll had that knowledge just find us! we really appreciate that.

Main thing you have to watch out for with wine yeast is the length of the fermentation. It's usually dead or at least mortally dormant by the time people rack. Due to the price of wine yeast (usually very cheap and easily accessible in most places), very few people harvest or reuse it. What yeast are you using?

Main thing you have to watch out for with wine yeast is the length of the fermentation. It's usually dead or at least mortally dormant by the time people rack. Due to the price of wine yeast (usually very cheap and easily accessible in most places), very few people harvest or reuse it. What yeast are you using?
So per batch we make like 2 galons. And each one we use different yeast. But mostly are Red star series. Premiere blanc/cuvee/classic. We do Lalvin K1-1116 also.

Ok.Well, as Rish says, for those you can just rack the current wine off the yeast cake and put the new must right on top of it. I wouldn't if there was a pile of lees, but you could also wash the yeast if you want to, even.

I suspect banana must wouldn't have sufficient nitrogen? You might consider boiling some bread yeast and adding? Or you could consider "yeast nutrients".

An alternative would be propagating with malt extract. Grow yeast with malt extract starters and then use it for the bananas.

I suspect banana must wouldn't have sufficient nitrogen? You might consider boiling some bread yeast and adding? Or you could consider "yeast nutrients".

An alternative would be propagating with malt extract. Grow yeast with malt extract starters and then use it for the bananas.
Yep. We surely add nutrient to it. Thanks for the information

Back