New brewer in Metro Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

febbrewro

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch (an IPA) under the careful instruction of Bjornbrewer this past Saturday. Had a great time, hope to do it again real soon.

Little about myself - Born and raised in the Metro Detroit area, currently living in Royal Oak, MI, and I'm a software developer by trade. My beer palate was greatly expanded while going to school at Michigan Tech in the UP. Spent quite a bit of time at The Library brewpub in downtown Houghton. A new place opened up shortly after I graduated (Keweenaw Brewing Company, or KBC) - I was able to try their beer when I came back up to visit a few years after graduation. Wish that place was open while I was going to school there, great atmosphere, awesome view of Portage Lake, and good beer.

Thanks Revvy, nice meeting you on Saturday. You'll have to let me know how your Mojave Red turns out.

Welcome! Would you do me a big favor and give Bjornbrewer a big kiss from me? (You can use a little tongue if you want to). I loved having a beer or ten with him last year, and am glad to see that you guys got to brew.

It's always nice to have another almost-a-Yooper around here, and you've got a great resource with those Michigan brewers to help you out.

Welcome!

YooperBrew, I'll give him lots of tongue. He likes it.

Where in the UP are you from? I love it up there, and hope I can make a trip back sometime soon. I miss my Porcupine Mountains.

YooperBrew, I'll give him lots of tongue. He likes it.

Where in the UP are you from? I love it up there, and hope I can make a trip back sometime soon. I miss my Porcupine Mountains.

I'm in the central UP, along the WI border. I've backpacked recently in the Porkies, but I spend most of my time in the central/western UP. We have a lake cottage west of Iron River, as well as our house in town.

My husband got his undergrad degree at Tech, about 150 years ago. I love the beer at the library, much better than KBC, but don't get there as often as I'd like. My son likes to ski at Mont Ripley, while I drink. It works out well for both of us.

Seriously, I'm so glad you got to meet Bjornbrewer, and Revvy. They are awesome guys. I really talked a long time to Bjorn, since we have similar tastes in music.

I've known Bjornbrewer since right after I graduated from high school, about 9 or 10 years now. I don't know about music, but we have similar tastes in beer!

Revvy I just met on Saturday, and he was a lot of fun to hang out with.

Nice meeting you, happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back