negotiation FAIL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlytimes

Reaction score
This weekend I saw a craigslist ad for a small chest freezer for $65. I email the guy asking where he is located. It turns out he is in the next town over. I use this to my advantage and reply back saying it he is farther away than I wanted to drive, but if he'll take $60 for it, I'll make the drive out there that day and pick it up. He replies back with just his phone number and says for me to call him for directions. So then I call him, get his address, then:
Me: So, are we still good for sixty if I come to pick it up right now?
Him: (changing his tone to that of a used car salesman who wants to make me a "great deal") I tell you what, if you come to get it right now, you can have it for fifty.
Me: (caught completely off guard) Oh... Ok... that sounds fair. I'll be there in a half hour.

I hung up and commenced laughing.

Or maybe he just really wanted to get rid of it immediately.

Obviously, yes. I'd understand if I said I might swing by sometime next week, However, I just said I'd be there to pick it up right away if he would take $60.

I thought $60 was a good price, but $50 made it great!

yeah-- but if he's had past experiences with the people who claim they'll come and get it 'right now' and then keep redefining when 'now' is, he might have been hoping that the extra incentive would help give some temporal permanence to the concept of 'now'.

wow! this thread took a nasty turn for the worse. The guy seemed nice enough, but given the location, who knows. Just to be sure, I'll get my UV light out tonight and check the inside for any traces of bodily fluids...

wow! this thread took a nasty turn for the worse. The guy seemed nice enough, but given the location, who knows. Just to be sure, I'll get my UV light out tonight and check the inside for any traces of bodily fluids...

I say you'd better hurry up and go get it before he sells it to someone else at a lower price. Then you'll be back on here posting a thread about how you got gipped out of a freezer that you could've gotten for almost nothing.

BTW make a nice keggerator out of it and show us the pics.

I'd say it's probably dependant on how long the hooker's been aging. Anything more than a week to ten days, you're going to want her frozen.

That's a function of 'quality' and that varies based on the tastes of the individual.

Back