R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NGL, zombo.com describes exactly how I felt when I joined HBT. Users here were so open and friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was positive and nurturing, and inspired confidence in me to grow as a crafter of drink. Bracc was one of the first to reach out as a friend, he serves as an anchor for me to this place, and he was among the countless others of us inspired to spread our figurative wings here in the friendly confines of zombocom.homebrewtalk.com

Edit: I waited for my wife to put her earplugs in for the night to share with her a link to zombo.com...

Let's just say, her enjoyment was well attenuated.
WTF is zombo.com? I just get a guy with a jamaican accent welcoming me to zombo.com many many many times?

WTF is zombo.com? I just get a guy with a jamaican accent welcoming me to zombo.com many many many times?

An extreme parody/satire website created in 1999. I had to Google it. And I've been in computers since I think Silicon was first created from magnesium + helium in the first stars of the universe. To recommend it is akin to Rick-rolling. I think.

Way way back in the day when the WWW was the 'next big thing' (about 1846 or so) and I was younger, svelte, single, and bored, many's the time I would find one of those links that would take you to a random website. Over and over and over. Kinda like the wikipedia game, but with the potential of seeing something extremely NSFW.

Honestly I am not a creeper or stalker. But I had a thought, and just put it in motion. I made a post on the Welcome New Brewers thread, asking if any new members from Arizona. Probably won't pan out, but it would be fun to let the new owner of Bracc's equipment know some history of it.

Happy Dance GIF by Dedoles

Correction, Bracc never said anything about hamsters. It was hedgehogs, dogs, and cats.

We had an exchange... I'll share a quote in case anyone wants a link
but then it'd be easy and cheap for people to look at it! (but if it had a high speed mode, and taser. it'd be really cool if it zapped dogs and cats trying to use your lawn as a toilet!)

How is this the first time I have ever stumbled on this thread. I read to page 3 while trying to get my daughter back down.

Now I have 2 things, ones a question and ones a statement;

1) any confirmation if he has in fact passed away?

2) I’ve always pictured @bracc as Gary Busey in Black Sheep
IMG_0041.jpeg

How is this the first time I have ever stumbled on this thread. I read to page 3 while trying to get my daughter back down.

Now I have 2 things, ones a question and ones a statement;

1) any confirmation if he has in fact passed away?

2) I’ve always pictured @bracc as Gary Busey in Black Sheep View attachment 830458

R.I.P. @Bracconiere

....2) I’ve always pictured @bracc as Gary Busey in Black Sheep.....

I always pictured brown hair, kind of medium dark.

Still not accepting he is really gone. Can one still gift him an upgrade?

Last edited:
Yes, HBT needs a new server, gift an upgrade to bracc, with a note to add it to the server account.
There was no place to ad a note. He "bought a round" way back when for me so I figured I would return the favor. I might have clicked the wrong gift button, not sure, but there was no way to ad a note with my memorial intention.

I just realized Bracc was probably a "lifetime" member.

So considering... well anyway, I added an extra year beyond that so presumably someone counting the beans will figure out the intention.

I can't really afford to do that, but I miss him. I'll challenge yall to do the same, even if it is only a one month extension at a time.

Energy does not die, it just changes form.

One last shout out to Bracc. A couple of years ago he convinced me to purchase a postal scale for my CO2 tank. After receiving the scale, I realized I had a very small leak, probably a hundredth of an ounce per day. Not bad, but it pained me every day seeing the scale tic down. So I replaced all my CO2 lines and installed oetiker clamps instead of worm clamps. Still leaking at the same rate. Then I replaced the flat washer on my TapRite regular with no change. I've been living with this slow leak for a few years now and finally got it fixed. Turns out you really need to crank hard when attaching the regulator to the tank. Working flawlessly now and I honestly never would have noticed had Bracc not convinced me to buy that scale. Miss you Bracc. I hope the beer is flowing where you are.

Here is the link I used to isolate the leak. Great article.

https://www.beveragefactory.com/blo...and-fix-a-leak-in-a-kegerator-co2-gas-system/

Just a few weeks ago I renewed the HBT membership which Bracc had gifted me as thanks for answering a simple question about something or other.

ETA: Ha! It was for introducing him to coiling an extension cord over-under.
Haha, I still haven't mastered that technique. My daughter is taking audio tech in college next fall. I'll have her teach me.

This thread is a place of gathering and remembrance. At times, it feels almost like like the rituals of a cargo cult, and I'm totally okay with that.

To some of us, @bracconiere was something of a John Frum, and it's much easier to pretend he's merely gone back to his homeland to retrieve more gifts for his tribe here at HBT, than having left us altogether.

In the meanwhile, we'll keep the runway clear, our radios of coconut in tune, as we look to the sky.

I'm in that club too,,,:cool:
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.
Lovable bunch of uncultured swine!

I learned about them in college when I was majoring in anthropology. I recently began dusting up on the subject on a hunch it might shed some light on current political delusions.

Specifically, look up "big man" and "rubbish men" wrt cargo cults, and ask yourself if any of it sounds somewhat familiar.

Last edited:
Back