Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes.

romans-2_2500363ktheater2.jpg

I don't recall going in the water this day, but we were here in 1995, which was a few years ago:
1995.png

Okay, a day's gone by. Here's where that picture was taken from:
1995 2.png

Last edited:
Santa Barbara, California

Taken from Stearns Point. Not sure where exactly West Beach becomes East Beach. I haven’t been there, but wouldn’t mind visiting!

Last edited:
I think the wharf is the demarcation point. The first picture is to the east.
This was the start of a two-week circle around California. We flew into LAX and Santa Barbara is two hours up highway 101.
You're up @Andres Falconer.

Last edited:
This is from 2008:
2008.png

EDIT: Okay, it's been about a day. Here's a picture from a few feet away and a slightly different angle. It's more like the shot that is iconic for this spot. We're looking for/expecting the name of the town where the picture was taken, but the name of the village down by the beach in the first picture will work too.

another.png

Last edited:
Whew, that took a bit of work. With the help of Lonely Planet.

In 2018 I went out for a run in _____.

View attachment 750423
EDIT/UPDATE:

Another picture, this one from the Facebook page of the institution named after the building, which also carries the name of the town.

1638135539393.png

Similarly to @Miraculix's recent Chellington Centre, this building serves a broader purpose, though it apparently also serves a religious purpose. For any and all religions. And, by my estimate, this building is at least 750 years newer.

Since John Denver isn't around to name this place and if no one else has, I'll respond on Tuesday after my visiting grandson goes back to school. :)

Last edited:
Back