Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go, not quite a common holiday destination.

p_33.jpg

I grew up on the other side of Mississippi from Vicksburg. It's not a huge state, and I lived there for 21 years, but I've never once been to Vicksburg. I understand it's very beautiful, with lots of Civil War history.

I don't really know if this one will be super obscure, or if someone will get it right off the bat. If you know it, you know it. If not, then we have a fun story to tell.

skyline7.jpg

Good job, @michaeltrego!

In the 1910's, cotton was the major agricultural product of south Alabama. From 1915-1918, an invasion of boll weevils caused farmers to lose entire crops. Local farmers switched over to peanut farming, and in the process made more money than they ever made on cotton. In 1919, the Boll Weevil Monument was erected in downtown Enterprise. It is the world's only monument honoring an agricultural pest.

I was just there last summer, so I recognized it. The fact that "Biltmore" is written on the side of the bus just verified it!

Here's a beer-related one. I've never been here, but everyone should recognize the name.

skyline6.jpg

Hmm I might be wrong but I think I recognise that picture, didn't we have it here a while back? I don't remember the place, just the photo... or at least I think so.

Hmm I might be wrong but I think I recognise that picture, didn't we have it here a while back? I don't remember the place, just the photo... or at least I think so.
😁 This was my previous submission, but I pulled it down after @Northern_Brewer rightly called me out for a less-than-fair Google search. So, this is a resubmission of one that was up for an hour or two.

Zatec is the wrong continent, @beermanpete!

Here's one that might be a little tough. (Taken at 9:33AM Central Time Zone USA but the location is not in the same time Zone)
Capture.PNG

Back