Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one also shouldn't be too terribly hard.

skyline4.jpg

@duncan.brown is correct. That's the New York City skyline as viewed from the Garrett Mountain Reservation in Clifton NJ. Our nephew did a little rehab stint in Patterson NJ (he's doing great now, amazing the difference a few years can make!) and whenever we would travel up to visit him we'd take him hiking up there.

Duncan, you're up!

Germany or Austria - Guessing Germany - Cologne - (The Kaisers sign right - is a grocery store chain centered around Duseldorf and Cologne)

OK- So now that I looked at about 100 churches in East Germany I'm going with Potsdam, Germany. (The church looks like St Peter & Paul's) The street has the Brandenburg Gate at one end and the Church at the other.
1601986273388.png

It is Potsdam in Brandenberg, Germany. When I was last there, I stayed at Appartments im Haus Babette. which is Brandenburger Straße 71 at the other end to the church. Very nice apartments with a view of the Potsdam's Brandenburg gate.

We had drinks one night at the Cafe Babette and I wanted a Berliner Weisse. The menu only had it mit woodruff or mit raspberry. I had to plead with the waitress for about five minutes before she would bring me the beer without any syrup...

@CKuhns you're up.

Pike Market, Seattle - even I know that, from halfway round the world!

A joint effort, but I'm going to give it to @CKuhns for being specific. It is indeed the Anchor on the south bank of the Thames in London, which may have been the "little ale-house on the Bankside" from which Samuel Pepys watched the Great Fire of London in 1666. It subsequently became the tap of the Barclay Perkins brewery which occupied that entire block between Southwark Bridge and Borough Market.

Nice pub, but sadly it's now owned by Greene King, so it's no longer one you go to for the beer (and there's several great options around Borough Market, as long as you don't mind tourist prices).

@CKuhns is up.

I will defer to @schmurf - I was after him and by definition he met the criteria of the rules by identifying the skyline. (London in this case)
1. The first person to correctly guess what skyline is posted will post a photo of a skyline that they choose, once the person confirms the guess is correct.
(Besides i don't have another pic available.)
@schmurf You are up!!

OK - Boats look like near the turn of last century. First thought was Greece, maybe Athens or the 1900 Exposition Universal Paris (Worlds Fair)
Then noted the flags. USA

St Louis, MO? (1904 Summer Olympics)

Back