Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP1611.JPG

Neither Wall or Bowling green but your on the right track. Small town USA.

Wall is warmer than Bowling Green.

Getting closer a little North and a lot East. (On the river) Nebraska also has a town of similar size named the same.

I've seen a few bombed out churches left as reminders in Germany. I'm pretty sure I saw this one too. The Bayer sign would make me think of Bavaria but I'm fairly certain this is still in Berlin.

Nah, it's a view of Montmartre, ?taken from the Eiffel Tower?

Yes it is. I took the picture from the Eiffel Tower. Paris would of been an acceptable answer too.

If I recall the story correctly the church was built after a Bishop was beheaded. The headless body picked up the head and walked about 1/4 mile to the top of the hill before finally collapsing.

You are up.

Yes it is. I took the picture from the Eiffel Tower. Paris would of been an acceptable answer too.

If I recall the story correctly the church was built after a Bishop was beheaded. The headless body picked up the head and walked about 1/4 mile to the top of the hill before finally collapsing.

You are up.

It sucks that nothing like that has ever happened when someone had a camera handy. :(

It sucks that nothing like that has ever happened when someone had a camera handy. :(

It seems like every town in Europe has a claim to fame story that's "miraculous".

My favorite is the one from Rothenburg. The town was about to be destroyed by Swedish forces during the 30 years (religious) war. The Swedish general said he would spare the town from destruction if someone could drink a 4 liter tankard of wine in one lifting of the glass.

The mayor took up the challenge. It took 10 minutes, he breathed through his nose in between gulps. The town was saved and the burgermeister slept for 3 days straight.

It seems like every town in Europe has a claim to fame story that's "miraculous".

My favorite is the one from Rothenburg. The town was about to be destroyed by Swedish forces during the 30 years (religious) war. The Swedish general said he would spare the town from destruction if someone could drink a 4 liter tankard of wine in one lifting of the glass.

The mayor took up the challenge. It took 10 minutes, he breathed through his nose in between gulps. The town was saved and the burgermeister slept for 3 days straight.

Now THAT one I could believe.

Sorry folks, busy weekend. This one may be less famous than Paris, but there's plenty of clues in the picture.

bridge.jpg

Back