Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1666120197113.jpeg

Here's mine

Feels like the PNW, but too pointy for Rainier or St Helens so that's about as far as I can get...

yes, being the only pic i could find of the 'skyline' was low res, it became a easy one.....

you're up! (i picked it because i actually stepped foot in canada once)

The part of that area that I find fascinating is nearby Point Roberts, the bizarre tiny tip of land just south of Vancouver and Richmond, Canada, held by the US for strategic reasons, that is reachable only from Canada or by water. Apparently where Canadians go to buy cheap gas.

64E8594D-3C76-4FF9-B2CF-7F032D9A6570.jpeg

The juncture of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers, Lytton, British Columbia.
I'm thinking that the bit of theme is there is a bridge as in the Vancouver picture, but there is also the Fraser River as in the map posted about Blaine. I didn't get to the answer by following the river; I got to the answer by Googling from the clues in the second picture. I Googled "rafting with motored white boats Canada" and got this:
kumsheen.png

And Kumsheen got me to Lytton.

Last edited:
Well we have deciduous trees, so we're clearly somewhere temperate, and the general vibe is quite European - the church could almost be British but the steeple isn't quite right, it's maybe more Germanic? Is that just a very dark stone or is it soot from an industrial area?

The trees don't quite match the steep pitch of the roofs, which implies either quite a lot of snow, or at least architects who are used to dealing with a lot of snow. So temperate but on the snowy side.

Don't seem to be many pre-WWII buildings aside from the church, ditto the bridge itself - bridges were often a focus of fighting in the war.

My initial thought was somewhere in the Ardennes - perhaps one of the Belgian brewery towns but I don't think Belgium has such steep roofs, so maybe deeper into the Continent - somewhere like the Harz?

Back