Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to a recent theme:
A9C18DF5-D2DB-4273-9C72-C87DF91A2E15.jpeg

Checking into the world's largest trees, it's probably a redwood, maybe a sequoia. Basically meaning somewhere in... California. The "Open" sign seems to back up the US.

As to where in California, looking for the world's biggest tree HOUSES isn't getting me there. Yet.

Could be on the wrong path too of course.

Checking into the world's largest trees, it's probably a redwood, maybe a sequoia. Basically meaning somewhere in... California. The "Open" sign seems to back up the US.

As to where in California, looking for the world's biggest tree HOUSES isn't getting me there. Yet.

Could be on the wrong path too of course.
i'm going to drop a few hints comicily, believe it or not...but your guesses are smokin hot

Piercy, California.

Originally named The Fraternal Monarch and later the Quadruped Tree, the World Famous Treehouse was featured in Ripley’s Believe-It-Or-Not in 1933, claiming to be the tallest one-room house in the world. It is built inside a 4,000 year old redwood tree that has been hollowed out into a 21×27 foot room with a 500 foot tall ceiling.

Piercy, California.

Originally named The Fraternal Monarch and later the Quadruped Tree, the World Famous Treehouse was featured in Ripley’s Believe-It-Or-Not in 1933, claiming to be the tallest one-room house in the world. It is built inside a 4,000 year old redwood tree that has been hollowed out into a 21×27 foot room with a 500 foot tall ceiling.

i've been in it a few times....i was sure if i wanted to do the tree, or the unbelievable park across the highway...

you're up...

close or way off? since it's missing the 'so clean' 4th tail?

On May 9, 1981, village native Capt. David L. “Nick” Hauck was performing with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, when black smoke began to pour out of his exhaust and his aircraft began losing altitude.

Man, that's a toughy, well done.

About all I can get out of that is they drive on the right and there's a lot of new construction underway, but it could be anywhere.

The only hope is that at the bottom of the central building there looks like some writing. It's impossible to read but the spacing looks wrong for an alphabet language? But if those are characters, it can't be Japan because of driving on the right, so China or Korea?

googline this building style should be the ticket!
This game was never about Google as a first resort, the whole point of it is about guessing and interacting with people, not your computer.

Neither North nor South Korea, not Japan, not China. In descending order of distance.
Socan't be too far west or east, but south of Japan - kind of implies the South China Sea.

Where there's a lot of weird scripts but no character-based languages as far as I can remember, so on the basis that I think it has the biggest Chinese population - Malaysia?

This game was never about Google as a first resort, the whole point of it is about guessing and interacting with people, not your computer.
I agree it’s a lot more enjoyable when locations are identified by the clues, interaction or by one’s own travel memories but the rules just forbid Google image searches, not trying to guess Google keywords. Google-fu is a form of art!

Back