Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not able to get together a picture for a couple days so if someone else wants to take my turn.. please post away.

bridge.jpg

Looks like bridge over the Rio Grande outside of Taos/Tres Piedras. No pic from me but this popped up on my phone and caught my attention.

Looks like someone is rafting the Taos Box.

Last edited:
I love that town, especially that the buskers play classical music.

Here's one:

img_19.jpg

Yeah, Ephesus is pretty distinctive, we had posters of it at school.

This one - that looks like a minaret centre-right, so we're in a Muslim country.
Latin script on the shop on the left, Arabic in the back-centre - one of the European colonies in North Africa?

I've never been but it doesn't feel like one of the really big cities like Algiers, somewhere smaller, maybe more touristy - Marrakesh perhaps?

It's not often my complete guesses are right!

For a change, a non-drink-related one :
test.jpg

Loch Lomond is a lot more wooded.

Don't focus on the water, it's not as well known as what's on land.

No to both, but Skye is warmer than Israel (and it's not often you can say that!)

Lairg also has a lot more trees (and as an aside, a billion-year old impact crater) but you're getting pretty hot there. Not Iceland.

@Gulo_gulo - see the first post in the thread but in short - no, no image searches.

Lairg also has a lot more trees (and as an aside, a billion-year old impact crater) but you're getting pretty hot there. Not Iceland.

@Gulo_gulo - see the first post in the thread but in short - no, no image searches.

Directly from the stated rules:
"This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method."

It's the "any other method" that seems ambiguous. I took that to mean no searching related to the specific image but allowed using Google for specific features searches such as a search for, i.e., "lake in a dessert". In the spirit of full disclosure, I've used google search most of the time and, coupled with google earth, have found correct answers. Have I cheated?

Directly from the stated rules:
"This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method."

It's the "any other method" that seems ambiguous. I took that to mean no searching related to the specific image but allowed using Google for specific features searches such as a search for, i.e., "lake in a dessert". In the spirit of full disclosure, I've used google search most of the time and, coupled with google earth, have found correct answers. Have I cheated?

I take it to mean no image searches, same as you do. I will search an idea. For instance: I think the image might be Berlin but I've never seen that view before. I will put "Berlin skyline" or something similar into a search engine to see if I can find a similar view.

What I won't do is copy the image and put it into the search engine, that wouldn't be fun and IMO would be cheating.

@BruceH - just noticed we're practically neighbors up here in the north end

based on my one time there, I was thinking Scotland might be the general location. sadly, my lone tourist day on that business trip was immediately after getting off a 10 hour flight from the US. I failed miserably at keeping my eyes open past the "I've been awake for +30 hours now" mark

@Rodent We have met. In fact we talked for about 2 hours while your wife kept wheeling wheelbarrows full of gardening stuff past us, lol. You gave me some 22oz bottles almost a year ago. You also showed me how easy kegging was so I promptly started to keg and have only bottled a few times since.

@Northern_Brewer Is Europe the correct continent? Hoping for a clue.

@Rodent We have met. In fact we talked for about 2 hours while your wife kept wheeling wheelbarrows full of gardening stuff past us, lol. You gave me some 22oz bottles almost a year ago. You also showed me how easy kegging was so I promptly started to keg and have only bottled a few times since.
yes we did! my brain is very slow today (can I use this an an excuse for brain-farting like that? :D )

I take it to mean no image searches, same as you do. I will search an idea. For instance: I think the image might be Berlin but I've never seen that view before. I will put "Berlin skyline" or something similar into a search engine to see if I can find a similar view.

That is the way I understand it as well. No searching the actual image but if you have an idea and want to confirm it by looking at images on Google, then fine.

Back