Naked City Taphouse Grand Opening!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'll be getting there a little later on, like 9ish. But maybe it's good if I'm not there early, it will keep me out of trouble. I *do* have to work the next day :p

I think we'll be getting there a little later on, like 9ish. But maybe it's good if I'm not there early, it will keep me out of trouble. I *do* have to work the next day :p

I know the feeling, I have the top two people in the enterprise coming in to visit the next day... have to bring "The A Game" that day... can't be hungover.:drunk:

Excited to see opening's just around the corner (and the pub's right around the corner from my apartment!).

And that, sir, is one hell of a tap list for opening night. Can't wait!

We'll be there! Probably around 8:30 or 9. Sounds like theres gonna be some awesome beer on tap!! :rockin:

I'll be there in spirit, Don. I'll be stopping by as soon as my travels bring me to the area.

Awesome beer lineup. Wow.

I know the feeling, I have the top two people in the enterprise coming in to visit the next day... have to bring "The A Game" that day... can't be hungover.:drunk:

Kirk-Spock.jpg

Don you have no idea how stoked I am to visit Naked City on Wednesday. Shall I just direct my paycheck to you, or would you prefer cash? :)

The next time I will be in Seattle will be my first, so as you can imagine it probably aint happenin any time soon; but you can bet your bottom dollar that if I ever make it over that way I will be visiting for some pints.

Congrats man, you are living the dream. I wish you nothing but the best.

I brewed 11 barrels of Naked City Dubbel yesterday at Lazy Boy Brewing. Look for that to be on tap in the next month or so! :rockin:

Looking forward to Wednesday! :mug:

I brewed 11 barrels of Naked City Dubbel yesterday at Lazy Boy Brewing. Look for that to be on tap in the next month or so! :rockin:

Looking forward to Wednesday! :mug:

That's so awesome! I'll be there in spirit.

It goes without saying that we all wish great success for you, and appreciate you allowing us to live the dream vicariously through you.

Man I am planning a trip up to the islands on Nov 6. Don't know if I can swing by.

I just read through most of the original post, Congrats, it looks like you have a recipe for success. Seeing the pics reminds me of a lot of the great brew pubs that I miss from living in Portland. I am on the east side of the state but I will have to make a trip over some time to support the cause.

Shameless plug/advertisement:

Just in case you haven't purchased a POS system yet for tendering those great brews, I would suggest Micros Systems Inc. They are not the cheapest, but they are for sure the best!

OK, here's the tap line up for opening. We are going to pour 24 unique Washington breweries which I think is pretty cool. Here's what we have on tap right now.

Alpine Pilsner
Boundary Bay Scotch Ale
Maritime Dry Hopped Pale Ale
Two Beers Echo IPA
Flyers Best Bitter
Georgetown Choppers Red
Baron Schwartzbier
Silver City Stout
Big Time Coal Creek Porter
Diamond Knot Industrial IPA
Anacortes 2007 Old Sebastian Barleywine
Snoqualmie Wildcat IPA
Roslyn Dark Lager
Skagit River Skullers IPA
Elysian Jasmine IPA
Pike XXXXX Stout
Elliot Bay Pilot Light Ale
Chuckanut Organic Amber
Laughing Buddha Pandan Brown
Hales Cream Ale
Big Al Abbey Wheat
Schooner Exact 3 Grid IPA
Ellersick CremBrewLay
Lazy Boy Big Trouble Double IPA

Back up kegs in the cooler right now

Silver City Hefeweizen, IPA
Boundary Bay Dry Hopped IPA
Chuckanut Pilsner, Marzen
Big Al Brown Ale
Roslyn Brookside Lager
Moylan's Hopsickle
Ninkasi Believer, Tricerahops
Southern Tier Hoppe
Gouden Carolus Noel
Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Alaskan Smoked Porter
Speak Easy White Lightning

Along with over 60 bottled beers from 11 countries.

Awesome stuff BT! You have an excellent lineup for opening and it is great that you're focusing on local brew...:mug::rockin:

I'm just booked a business trip to Seattle for the first week in December. No grand opening but I am stoked to be able to spend some money at the Naked City Taphouse!

Good God, man. I wish I could get up there. Now that's a backup team from heaven. I would be happy sitting in the cooler with the backups and forget who I am:tank:

Good luck!

Hoprod on backup???? NOOOOOOO...
oh well, will be my incentive to come back as often as possible, so that I can be there
when it goes on tap... that is my major "go to" beer lately, but have never had the chance to have it on tap... I can't wait.

I have to drive up to Seattle on Tuesday for four days for work. I am going to plan on stopping by for the grand opening!

When you gonna open up a taphouse in Salem,OR? LOL, best we have around here is McMinamins(or however you spell it... not too excited about their beer, better than bud i guess...)

The missus and I will be there on Opening Night. Really looking forward to this - I'm more of a reader/lurker than a poster, but I've been watching the construction thread since it began. I was jazzed to see the article in NW Brewing News recently. Made me feel like a smug insider - "Oh, you're just now discovering this? How cute." :)

Will round up some friends if possible, though it doesn't look like you'll be short on customers. For any other HBT visitors, I'll be the short stumpy guy in the kilt trying his damndest to drink his way down the tap line.

OK, here's the tap line up for opening. ...
Holy crap! I've never even heard of most of those selections! Makes me all the more jealous of you PNWers who can make it out there this Wednesday. If I weren't 2000 miles away, I'd be there for sure!

Congrats and good luck on Wednesday!:mug:

Tricerahops!!!!!? What the hell is that thing?! I want it now! :mug:

'tis a brewery in Eugene, OR. Hopheads does not even begin to describe these guys. Tricerahops is really, really, good. They have one called Total Domination that is waaay over the top.

I want to live in a world where Alaskan Smoked Porter is a back-up.

You said it bro, you said it.

'topia....OMG I can't wait til FEBRUARY!!!!!!! I'll be with you in spirit on opening night...I think it is time to crack open the Grapes of Wrath.

Do you need a bartender (or a mash-tun cleaner) in oh...about 2 years or so?

You said it bro, you said it.

'topia....OMG I can't wait til FEBRUARY!!!!!!! I'll be with you in spirit on opening night...I think it is time to crack open the Grapes of Wrath.

Do you need a bartender (or a mash-tun cleaner) in oh...about 2 years or so?

Not a chance Dude, I'm taking the job as Naked City Cleaning Biatch when I retire. :D

Seriously though, keep me in the loop when you come in February, I'll schedule another visit for then.

The lineup is amazing! Don't think I'll be able to have more than a couple on a work night but rest assured -- I'll be a regular!

Can't wait till Wednesday and once again, congrats! :)

Just wanted send my congrats to you BT. I have been a long time lurker here at HBT and stumbled upon an article in the Seattle PI today about your grand-opening. I am going to try to round up some friends and be there tomorrow after work.

Prost!

Have fun tonight, folks - I'll be at the Cub Scout meeting thinking fond thoughts of you all having good times and good beers.

Don't mind me. I'll be fine. You all run along and have fun now...

*sniff*

JI have been a long time lurker here at HBT and stumbled upon an article in the Seattle PI today about your grand-opening.

Thanks for the link, nice article. :mug:

Congrats BrewTopia! Great pics, sounds like a great time tonight...too bad I'm 2,700 miles away. :drunk: ;)

Tonight's the night! :ban:

Thanks for all the well wishes and I look forward to meeting those HBT'ers that I haven't yet met and seeing those that I have. :mug:

I may be running around here like a crazy person if we're as busy as I expect to be, but be sure and track me down to say hello.

See you all tonight.

Good luck tonight Topia, should be a blast. I will be flying out there this winter and Ill be sure to stop in!

Back