Mythbusters cancelled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you all Google: Mythbusters cancelled

Is this thread listed somewhere on the 1st page?

nothing to add, except this
2d5b0859.jpg

I wonder why they didn't do this myth on the strip at Alameda or even up at Chabot Gun Range? Either location would seem like a better choice for a projectile. Camp Parks would also be a great choice, but after the stray .223 round a few years back, that's pretty restricted.

I wonder why they didn't do this myth on the strip at Alameda or even up at Chabot Gun Range? Either location would seem like a better choice for a projectile. Camp Parks would also be a great choice, but after the stray .223 round a few years back, that's pretty restricted.

It may have involved explosives so it had to be done at the bomb range by the techs.

It may have involved explosives so it had to be done at the bomb range by the techs.

Maybe, but they've shot other "cannons" off out at Alameda. Maybe they're no longer allowed to do that or there are explosives other than the charge of powder behind the projectile? Who knows? I've got a feeling they might have to find another explosives range in the future.

Thats what I meant. Who knows what the myth was and for all we know they could have been using c4 for it somehow.

God knows what they might have had in mind! :D

Could have been one of those, the original plan didn't work, so lets make it look like Hollywood deals and they were shooting the cannonball at a wall that was rigged to blow on impact. Now THAT they definitely would need to do at the bomb range!!!

The thread title was speculation. In hindsight I should have ended it with a question mark.

Honestly, I thought I read somewhere that it was either cancelled or suspended.

God knows what they might have had in mind! :D

Could have been one of those, the original plan didn't work, so lets make it look like Hollywood deals and they were shooting the cannonball at a wall that was rigged to blow on impact. Now THAT they definitely would need to do at the bomb range!!!

Good thing it wasn't an explosive cannon ball.

Have they done an episode on Tannerite yet?

Whats the myth? Its very real, most sporting goods stores have it. You can even make it using cold packs and powdered Al.

What is more shocking to me is no one has mentioned Jessi Combs' stint on MB!

jessi_combs_kari_byron_replacement-4.jpg

They had to fire her because she was hotter than Kari.

And has fired a Barrett .50 cal.

I'm a sucker for smart redheads who like guns and good bands. My wife is all of these except she's just of average intelligence. I wouldn't trade her for anything, but that's beside the point.

This thread is about Kari Byron.

celebrity-pictures-kari-byron-internet-stalkers.jpg

Lol. She was pretty damn awesome of a person. She was teaching back when Monster garage was popular, so she sent Jesse James a video showing us welding and such asking for a donation. He ended up putting her on a show called Driveshaft or something. She won twice anand donated the money to our school.

It was even funnier when we all saw her on TV, she was always really professional as a teacher, work jeans and long shirts. Had no idea she had all those tattoos

They had to fire her because she was hotter than Kari.

Not even close. Jessi's hot, but in that "she kind of looks like a lot of other hot blondes" way.

Kari is *spectacular*. But, I'm a sucker for funky, smart chicks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5niRU330vpg]Mythbusters-Kari Byron or Jessi Combs? - YouTube[/ame]

I did some quick research and it seems to me Adam and Jamie aren't really all that qualified either. Neither have any engineering or science background. Not saying they are not smart or don't understand what they are doing but makes me suspect they got some advisors to help them plan these experiments.

They are SFX guys mainly.

Coincidentally, my daughter (1st grade) is currently on a massive Mythbusters kick (which is why the show :rockin:) We're watching the Holiday Special, and my wife goes to me,

"How would you feel if our daughter turned out to be just like Kari Byron?"

My response was that given how I knew guys on the internet viewed Kari, I wasn't particularly comfortable with that!

Revvy said:
Holy cleavage, batman.....Speaking of-

Humina Humina Humina Hum.....

Putting the "bust" in Mythbusters.

(I totally stole that joke, but had to share.)

I was going to say that Kari is most definitely NOT hot....But then I saw those pictures.

I guess I never knew...:(

You can rip Mythbusters apart all you want but it's this generation's Carl Sagan. Think about how many young kids are being inspired to get into sciences because of how cool it is.

Discovery obviously has a healthy liability insurance policy. This is a blip on the radar.

Yep, that is why Jamie got an honorary doctorate degree from Villanova and Twente Universities in engineering. Not because of his extensive knowledge of engineering but because of what he has done as a TV host to promote learning, particulary engineering/science. All this encourages kids to enroll at Villanova or Twente for engineering.

He earned a degree in Russian linguistics from Indiana University.[5] He also received an honorary Doctor of Engineering degree from Villanova University. On 25 November 2011, Hyneman was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Twente (Enschede, Netherlands) for his role in the popularization of science and technology.[6]

Personally I think these degrees are a sham unless you actually are a expert in the field. For example, an accomplished musician who is as gifted and knowledgable as any graduate of the school may deserve one.

Back