My SWMBO is better than your SWMBO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyg

Reaction score
The title was not meant to start a competition, instead highlight some of the nice thing SWMBO has done.
Considering my conversations with SWMBO are 10%work, 75% beer making, 10% kids, 10% home repair needs and she has 0% interest in my beer making, yet she does not discourage.
She is supportive of my hobby and consumption.
Few weeks ago she was at the local market and bought me a 32 oz growler of a lousy Saratoga PB &J stout, but it is the thought.
Now ever time she goes shopping she grabs a growler of "whatever".
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458268116.296557.jpg
Today in the mail was a gift a beer making journalView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458268169.533692.jpg
Nothing big, but she figures that I can keep track of atleast 100 recipes. Instead of the 30 random pages I have littered through the brew room.
I could tell family & friends of such generosity but they would not understand how gracious and what this means.
So there you go!

My wife is the same way. Beer and sports, she cares about neither. But she encourages my hobbies. She even got me started brewing.

Sounds like you've got a keeper.

I've had some SWMBOs that'd make you glad you don't have one (I've got a great one now). Congrats OP you got a keeper. Throw back some of that caring and consideration and long live the love.

Me too - but sometimes, even sleeping beside someone you don't like is preferable to sleeping alone.

I've been sleeping alone for far too long.

The title was not meant to start a competition, instead highlight some of the nice thing SWMBO has done.
Considering my conversations with SWMBO are 10%work, 75% beer making, 10% kids, 10% home repair needs and she has 0% interest in my beer making, yet she does not discourage.
She is supportive of my hobby and consumption.
Few weeks ago she was at the local market and bought me a 32 oz growler of a lousy Saratoga PB &J stout, but it is the thought.
Now ever time she goes shopping she grabs a growler of "whatever".
View attachment 345133
Today in the mail was a gift a beer making journalView attachment 345136
Nothing big, but she figures that I can keep track of atleast 100 recipes. Instead of the 30 random pages I have littered through the brew room.
I could tell family & friends of such generosity but they would not understand how gracious and what this means.
So there you go!

You should reciprocate. :mug:
Regards, GF.

No complaints here. Mine will measure out and boil starter wort for me so its cooled and ready when I get home from work. Also knows how to rig a blowoff tube and do gravity readings.

Maybe one day I can just entirely shift the beer making process unto her and be solely responsible for the consumption side of things

Mine doesn't help because I don't want her to. It's my time, and that's 1 reason I do it. She leaves me completely alone, because she knows I need it that way. When I tell her I'm going to brew, she enthusiastically says "Alright. Enjoy yourself." If I tell her I'm going to the beer-making store (LHBS), she tells me to be careful. I can't, and don't want to, ask for more.

Mine is great. She bought me the equipment to start brewing. Later when I wanted to go all grain, she went to the LHBS and got me set up with a mash tun. I brew a lot of Belgians and Saisons so she went out and bought me a floor corker. Very supportive of my hobby.

On another note. my other hobby is golf. When we were going to get married we just wanted a small ceremony (parents) and were going to have a friend of ours that was a judge marry us, and throw a small party for our close friends, since we were paying for it and decided it was stupid to go into debt for a big wedding. We were going to get married on Friday and have the party on Saturday. I mentioned that some of my friends were coming into town and I would like to play golf with them. She suggested that we get married on Thursday so I could play golf with my friends on Friday and still have the reception/party on Saturday. Very cool.

Mine is great. She bought me the equipment to start brewing. Later when I wanted to go all grain, she went to the LHBS and got me set up with a mash tun. I brew a lot of Belgians and Saisons so she went out and bought me a floor corker. Very supportive of my hobby.

On another note. my other hobby is golf. When we were going to get married we just wanted a small ceremony (parents) and were going to have a friend of ours that was a judge marry us, and throw a small party for our close friends, since we were paying for it and decided it was stupid to go into debt for a big wedding. We were going to get married on Friday and have the party on Saturday. I mentioned that some of my friends were coming into town and I would like to play golf with them. She suggested that we get married on Thursday so I could play golf with my friends on Friday and still have the reception/party on Saturday. Very cool.

Conflicts with username. Clearly lying. Reported.

SWMBO brought me to our first brew day, gave me the room for brewing and is inviting another woman over for a brew day next week. She is also an incredible snuggle bunny! No, Slym, you can't have her!

I don't know fellas, not trying to brag or anything, but not only did my SWMBO encourage me to start brewing, she told me I should buy all of the brewing gear I picked out, she likes every beer I've made so far and has several recipes that she insists I make again, and now wants to buy me this - :rockin:

Chronical.jpg

I don't know fellas, not trying to brag or anything, but not only did my SWMBO encourage me to start brewing, she told me I should buy all of the brewing gear I picked out, she likes every beer I've made so far and has several recipes that she insists I make again, and now wants to buy me this - :rockin:

View attachment 345918

OK, fine! You get the prize! :mug:

I drove my wife's car yesterday so I could replace the power steering return hose (AGAIN!) and when I came in the house I found she came home with the year's first batch of Oberon!

Ok, it's no conical fermentor, but it's still thoughtful.

Man you guys make me feel like mine is a real keeper. I have completely converted mine into a thorough beer snob. When she brings home a bottle it's something barrel aged or a heavy RIS. She's into brewing sort of with me. She did her own recipe on our first batch for the 1 gallon experimentals. She got me my brew gear for Christmas. And she was OK with our adventure to Portland and me dropping 200 bucks on strictly beer. She basically begs me daily to Crack open the Abyss cognac I have as she tried it at Deschutes and it became her all time favorite beer. She's officially no longer even slightly interested in crap beer. Also we backpack/adventure together, she supports my photography business/hobby,and she loves rock concerts. And to add, no slym you can't have her...

View attachment 1458688440470.jpg

Man you guys make me feel like mine is a real keeper. I have completely converted mine into a thorough beer snob. When she brings home a bottle it's something barrel aged or a heavy RIS. She's into brewing sort of with me. She did her own recipe on our first batch for the 1 gallon experimentals. She got me my brew gear for Christmas. And she was OK with our adventure to Portland and me dropping 200 bucks on strictly beer. She basically begs me daily to Crack open the Abyss cognac I have as she tried it at Deschutes and it became her all time favorite beer. She's officially no longer even slightly interested in crap beer. Also we backpack/adventure together, she supports my photography business/hobby,and she loves rock concerts. And to add, no slym you can't have her...

Yummy!

Mine is not into the brewing part, but she loves to go to breweries. she always makes it a point to find one every time we go away. This weekend she got us VIP passes to the NYC craft beer festival. She allowed me to convert our extra room into a lounge/tasting room. She likes to buy me thing , like kegs, taps for the kezzer, kits from the LHBS.....and so on..... I think I will keep her.

Mine has managed to put up with my antics for 37 years. She has been supportive of all the crazy stuff i have managed to try.

I only have been brewing for the past few years, and she did buy me my first keg set up.

She knows when i need to be alone and when i need her around.

Think i might keep her for a bit yet.

My ex is in Chapel Hill right next to you. I trained her to appreciate good beer. Likes anything except IPAs basically. Want her number?

I've been out of a relationship so long, I am not ready for a relationship.

Plus, I am probably way too old for her.

My wife doesn't drink anything outside the rare sip or two off a wine cooler or a glass of strawberry wine, but she is supportive of my crazy brewing obsession...er hobby...that's it...hobby. This past October, she dragged me out to the car one afternoon, loaded the kids up in back seat and said "We are going to Cabela's and you're getting a new bow and all the goodies to go with it, you're buying a hunting license, and then you are going to find someplace out in the woods for a few days to de-stress." Long story short, I came home from Cabela's in Dundee Michigan with a brand new PSE Extreme split limb bow, a dozen carbon arrows, a hard case, a four sided foam block target, a hunting license, and a portable hunting blind. God, I love that woman! (And no, you guys can't have her!) :D

My wife doesn't drink anything outside the rare sip or two off a wine cooler or a glass of strawberry wine, but she is supportive of my crazy brewing obsession...er hobby...that's it...hobby. This past October, she dragged me out to the car one afternoon, loaded the kids up in back seat and said "We are going to Cabela's and you're getting a new bow and all the goodies to go with it, you're buying a hunting license, and then you are going to find someplace out in the woods for a few days to de-stress." Long story short, I came home from Cabela's in Dundee Michigan with a brand new PSE Extreme split limb bow, a dozen carbon arrows, a hard case, a four sided foam block target, a hunting license, and a portable hunting blind. God, I love that woman! (And no, you guys can't have her!) :D

Nice!

Back