My First Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, keep us posted. Did you get just the kit or a small starter gear kit as well?

My first adventure was a Christmas present as well. My wife got me the deluxe starter kit from more beer, and after our first two destroyed batches of "beer" we were both hooked. I still remember the first club meet we attended with our first two beers we were so proud of. Of course they were laden with DMS, diacytal, and all sorts of other problems, but we learned quickly how to fix those issues.

Now for Christmas the family gift revolves around brewing as do many stocking stuffers. Though this year Christmas focused on duck hunting a bit more because the wife is really getting into water fowl, we did end up with 2 more stainless conicals and upgrading our B-1100 to fully digital this year. Usually gifts include: sacks of base malt, pound bags of hops, the latest brewing books, BN Army T-shirts, and a refractometer or the like. Every year for our anniversary we typically renew our AHA membership, but like I said this all started because I asked for a beer brewing kit for Christmas 7 years ago, so be warned.

Welcome to the hobby, before long it will become an addiction. Fair warning :)

Now for Christmas the family gift revolves around brewing as do many stocking stuffers. Though this year Christmas focused on duck hunting a bit more because the wife is really getting into water fowl, we did end up with 2 more stainless conicals and upgrading our B-1100 to fully digital this year. Usually gifts include: sacks of base malt, pound bags of hops, the latest brewing books, BN Army T-shirts, and a refractometer or the like. Every year for our anniversary we typically renew our AHA membership, but like I said this all started because I asked for a beer brewing kit for Christmas 7 years ago, so be warned.

Umm, can I be part of your family? :D

Welcome, keep us posted. Did you get just the kit or a small starter gear kit as well?

My first adventure was a Christmas present as well. My wife got me the deluxe starter kit from more beer, and after our first two destroyed batches of "beer" we were both hooked. I still remember the first club meet we attended with our first two beers we were so proud of. Of course they were laden with DMS, diacytal, and all sorts of other problems, but we learned quickly how to fix those issues.

Wow! A B-1100! I thought I was coming up in the world with my new Banjo cooker, meanwhile here you are brewing with an airplane! I'll bet those props cool wort down with a quickness!

I received a deluxe equipment set with a mini-mash Porter. The original gravity was 1.053. It started to indicate formation this morning things appear to be going well.

Back