Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my two I currently have.

Harley Davidson FLSTFI 15th Ann. - traded my 2008 Sucker Punch Sally Working Mans Special for it. Shouldn't have....Should've just bought the damn thing.

Then theres my 2013 Triumph Scrambler. Bought it last April. Been doing a few things to it here and there, fender eliminator kit, new mirrors, solo seat w/ rack, rear suspension upgrade, bafflectomy, exhaust wrap.... right now the plastics and tank are off for paint sometime in the next month or so.

Cheers! :mug:

Triumph.jpg

Fatboy.jpg

Nice bikes. I especially like your Harley... And I'm usually not a big HD fan. That bike would look fantastic with some blacked out or subdued pipes!

Are you at Camp Shelby? I spent six months training up there for my deployment to Iraq in '05.

Thanks brother.

Yeah I'm at Shelby. 11th year Active duty Army. Currently working as an observer-coach-trainer for mobilizing and deploying troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So jelly been wanting a RG for some time now.

It is awesome. The year pause in '14 to redesign many things was worth it. Such a smooth ride can't wait to get out for a real long weekend getaway. Although I did put 450 on it in 3 days for break-in. ;)

Nice ride. They did a nice job the redesign for 2015. How is the wind buffeting behind the faring now that they redesigned it to include those vents? I ran both the stock, shorty and Klock Werks 12" Flair windshields on my '05 Road Glide and with all of those windshields, the buffeting was so bad it would shake my glasses making it hard to see and the excessive wind noise was so bad i couldn't hear the radio and i had to wear earplugs.
I eventually installed a 1" taller than stock ClearView windshield and that made a 90% improvement for me.

Nice ride. They did a nice job the redesign for 2015. How is the wind buffeting behind the faring now that they redesigned it to include those vents? I ran both the stock, shorty and Klock Werks 12" Flair windshields on my '05 Road Glide and with all of those windshields, the buffeting was so bad it would shake my glasses making it hard to see and the excessive wind noise was so bad i couldn't hear the radio and i had to wear earplugs.
I eventually installed a 1" taller than stock ClearView windshield and that made a 90% improvement for me.

They've got it handled. Vents are great. I even tried it with the vents closed when doing test drives but they only let you get out there for so long but at 75 with stock windshield I didn't notice it open or closed. I used to have it on the heritage at 65+ with that huge windshield but the fender wings resolved that so I know buffeting.

I ended up going with a 15" windsplitter on this one as I tend to do long rides and the 12" just gave a little too much noise and breeze for a nice chill ride w/ tunes. A friend of mine bought this at the same time as me and he had a 2012 streetglide that he sold after 1 yr because of buffeting. He loves this bike (has the 12" windsplitter). I'd go test drive one for the hell of it. Heck, I wasn't even planning on buying but I went with my friend mentioned here and I fell in love with it. I never emotionally buy but its sweet.

With all the RG talk, I thought I would share what the manager of New Smyrna Harley told my buddy who was looking for a used bike. He said in he has never had anyone trade in a RG and not buy another one. He said he has never seen that much loyalty with any other model. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433984207.106877.jpg my favorite windshield is my 9" solid black. 40k+ miles and only lost one pair of sunglassesView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433984351.934707.jpgused a buddies smoked Klock Works for a Keys trip and wasn't impressed.

My 05 fz1 that I think I am trading in for a 2015 r1 sometime before spring if all goes well

2015-12-17 17.46.50.jpg

Antique 1974 Kawasaki H1 500 Triple...
Authentic Dencos blessed by Tony Nicosia himself (google)
Extra tail piece signed by Tony...
Wiseco 2 ring pistons
Bored to 533cc
Ported / polished by local 2-stroke genius
Damon Kirklank crank with aluminum lab seals
Under-cut tranny
Oversized carbs / jets
Capcitor eliminated battery on electronic ignition
HiCap coils
Period correct Dunstall rear-sets and bars

His name is Buzz...I have owned him 12 years - old video - but Buzz remains the same - stored in my garage and fired every Earth Day...

my site is having trouble just now..here is a tube video after last rebuild...

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your real life experience with the Brammo?

It's a great bike and handles awesome. High quality parts good range for my riding.... between 70 and 100 miles a charge. It's surreal riding down the road and hearing the rubber meeting the road. The instant torque is a blast.

It's a great bike and handles awesome. High quality parts good range for my riding.... between 70 and 100 miles a charge. It's surreal riding down the road and hearing the rubber meeting the road. The instant torque is a blast.

:mug:

70-100 miles per charge at what speeds?

I see that you have a full face helmet on, but no protection for your knees.

Skinned Knees are no fun.:(

It was just a quick trip thru the neighborhood to a friends house. I don't ride it much right now, just got it. I need to find some time to tear some of it down and tune it up. Especially the carb.
When I really start to use it, I'll look at a jacket and pants.

I see that you have a full face helmet on, but no protection for your knees.

Skinned Knees are no fun.:(

It was just a quick trip thru the neighborhood to a friends house. I don't ride it much right now, just got it. I need to find some time to tear some of it down and tune it up. Especially the carb.
When I really start to use it, I'll look at a jacket and pants.

LOL, I was just funnin ya. :mug:

Let's see them...keep this thread alive..where are the RDs, the R5s, the A7s, the KHs, the KEs and the other triples and all of the other smelly 2-strokes? Bring 'em...and show them!
Don't let this thread die - and by the way...if it ain't smokin' - it must be broken!

I hate the "off of the shelf "Hardley Abelsons" - had a few - hate them.
Been there...done that...so what. (besides most parts are made in foriegn countires).

<----Buzz is itching for some plastic-fantastic ass ---bring it...and don't forget to bring your "oh crap...what the hell was that" face... cause you are gonna need it. Tail lights, the smell of Klotz and my middle finger are what you get. The smell of Klotz will fill your nose -the tail lights will blind you - the crackling noise from the 40 year old Dencos will remind you that yours is just another production plastic POS that millions of others have...so freakin what...nobody cares.

You WILL be put down - where you belong.

You will soon realize that your $10k plastic POS is just another $10k POS.

Buzz awaits you...and he is not happy.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Next...

Back