DC Group Buy #19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mail merged the spreadsheet into a word document using the Avery 6576 template and sent them to Sam. Hopefully they come out alright and if so, we are golden.

NOTE: We will mark ALL sacks and ALL splits with labels to avoid (I pray) confusion.

And you are correct, IL, Sam is awesome!!

Cheers all!

Can anyone on the southeast side of DC pick up for me? I will be available later Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I just won't be able to make it to the brewery around noon.

Can anyone on the southeast side of DC pick up for me? I will be available later Saturday afternoon or Sunday. I just won't be able to make it to the brewery around noon.

I'm down in Charles County. If that works for you I'd be happy to pick up for you. Just let me know.

Oh, forgot to mention - I stopped by the brewery on Tuesday night and grabbed my sack Weyermann pale wheat and Weyermann pilsner

All please note: this was done ONLY because Mike had no splits AND is a Three Stars Employee AND he was out of town for the pickup. We normally would not condone this, but made an exception for Mike.

Anyone in the Frederick area able to grab my grain? I can offer up some Lawson's Finest Sip of Sunshine or Singlecut Billy's IIpa as payment and still have a bottle of my Russian imperial stout I shared last pick up if interested. I apologize in advance I purchased quite a few sacks.

I mail merged the spreadsheet into a word document using the Avery 6576 template and sent them to Sam. Hopefully they come out alright and if so, we are golden.

NOTE: We will mark ALL sacks and ALL splits with labels to avoid (I pray) confusion.

And you are correct, IL, Sam is awesome!!

Cheers all!

Tony. That format will probably work. But the splits sheet did not say a quantity for each Brewer. It just said the Brewer and what split they were in. Please revise so I can have these stickers done tomorrow night.

Tony. That format will probably work. But the splits sheet did not say a quantity for each Brewer. It just said the Brewer and what split they were in. Please revise so I can have these stickers done tomorrow night.

Doh! Done. Sent you an update...please advise ASAP if it does not work and I will redo/resend. Thanks again bro!!!

I'd also be willing to trade hops for pickup. I have : azzaca, Amarillo, centennial, mosaic, strisselspalt, el dorado, simcoe.

I can pickup for you if no one else can. I have a coworker in Frederick I can probably talk into bringing your stuff to you...pay him, not me, in beer or whatnot. He is a fantastic friend...

T

I can pickup for you if no one else can. I have a coworker in Frederick I can probably talk into bringing your stuff to you...pay him, not me, in beer or whatnot. He is a fantastic friend...

T

I'd be grateful. Honestly I can pick it up wherever but just not Saturday morning.

If anyone has 5 lbs of carapils they want to sell me tomorrow, it would be appreciated. PM me if interested.

sorry for the delayed response on this... no worries if it's too late to make this happen.

If you want to take some Midnight Wheat with you, I got plenty to spare.
yes, i would love to take a few pounds. 3 pounds would be ideal, but i'll take 5 if that makes things easier.

I took more than I need in order to close the DME split, so I'd be more than willing to part with 10#. I'm not sure how that works out logistically though with payments etc.
5 pounds would be ideal, if that's a possibility. if so, send it along with stonebrewer and i'll get you paid via paypal. happy to pay in advance if that's a concern, just let me know how much and give me an email address via PM :mug:

I know the split starts at 10:00, but time should we be there by? I.e I might have some trouble making it over before 1:00. Is that too late?

1 is probably too late. We are usually done well before then (12ish). Usually I can hang out later but tomorrow I have an early cutoff to get to my daughter's game.

sorry for the delayed response on this... no worries if it's too late to make this happen.

yes, i would love to take a few pounds. 3 pounds would be ideal, but i'll take 5 if that makes things easier.

No problem, take 3# or 5#, either is fine with me.

All:

Another successful group grain pickup in the books! Thanks to all that helped make this happen, especially Petar for all the fine work he has done and is continuing to do with the website. We are most likely going to leave the website down for a week or two while Petar works on some modifications, so I will put status on the board and post here when it is ready for buy #20. Thanks to Fritz and the Bal'more gang and everyone else who helped with splits today. You guys did a great job with only two scales between ya! Bigs166 thanks again for the labels and helping out. Hope your canning lesson from Tim helped! And if anyone wants to can their homebrew...see Big Sam!

@lfordie @sweetcell @kisejohn : I have your grain so let me know how you want to proceed with pickup.

As usual, many fine homebrews were shared and a fair number of tasty sours were on today's menu. Well done!

As always, a huge THANKS to the fine folks at 3 Stars for hosting and making this happen. Can't believe how much new bling they've added since our last buy!

NOTE: We may be moving the website to a new hosting facility. It will cost $2.50 a month to host it there and I will pay for the first year. After that we will see if people want to donate a tiny amount or we can figure something out. I think this works so much better than the manual way in a spreadsheet, we cannot go backwards! Look for an email once we settle on our final plans. Cheers all!

Thanks to Tony, Sam, Petar and everyone that made the buy happen. I got my grains from Sam yesterday and was treated to his fine beers from the world's coolest keggerator. Thanks again!

Cheers
Doug

Some were interested in my Berliner Weisse recipe at the pickup which I wasn't able to access on the spot so here it is, approximately:

48% Pils
48% Premium Wheat Malt
4% CaraPils
(5.2lbs into 4.5 gallons => 4 gallons wort @ 9.2 Brix, pH 5.46)
Add 1 cup wheat malt
Incubate wort 36 hours @ 115F until pH 3.08, chill to yeast pitch temp
pitch 1 pack US-05
FG 1.011

No boil, no hops, wild Lacto. Note the wild inoculation could go badly and it would be safer to make a starter to head of any bad bacteria before the whole batch is ruined. That said I have done several inoculations from this same batch of premium wheat malt so I just pitch the unmalted grain straight into the 115F wort.

no next buy?

We are working out some things with the group buy site and I am trying to avoid having people put orders in on the existing one and then switching to a new provider and needing to do it again.

I paid for a year of hosting our website over the weekend. Petar is planning to move the VM over to the new site and then we will send everyone the new URL for the website. The provider was temporarily out of VM's the size we need, so I hope that gets resolved so that Petar can do the move. Once he has moved it, we will open the buy back up and I will post a new thread and link it in this one. Cheers!

<EDIT> I just checked email and Petar was able to get us the correct sized VM. We should be back up in a week or two, given he has time to work it and doesn't run into issues. Watch this space for an update.

Back