DC Group Buy #18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does the color coding on the spreadsheet mean? There's stuff highlighted in green, some in bold, etc. Maybe the items that came in last week?

what does the color coding on the spreadsheet mean? There's stuff highlighted in green, some in bold, etc. Maybe the items that came in last week?

Good question. The stuff in bold are the items that did NOT come in last week, that should be there this weekend. I highlighted them to see who was affected and needed to come to the second pickup as some lucky folks were not affected by the missed delivery.

In general, the green $ figures should be 0, meaning you paid in full. If it has a positive balance that means you underpaid by that amount, and if it is negative it means you overpaid. I will need to review all of those numbers and refund some folks and hound others when I close out the spreadsheet for this buy, likely over the weekend after the pickup. Some people may have paid or have been refunded and I just have not resolved the entries in PayPal with the sheet yet.

In your particular case, looks like you paid for the two splits that did not close (Victory and Brown) so I need to refund you $11.

The following grain was made available due to the issues we had with the buy. @lfordie took the Vienna and @ewrzesinski has claimed the Pils. I think Stephen has taken the Munich. Please shoot me a PayPal when you get a chance.

10# Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich
10# Avangard Malz Premium Vienna
Sack Avangard Malz Premium Pilsen

@zombiemonkeypirate - there is another 10# of Vienna available if you want it.

The following grain was made available due to the issues we had with the buy. @lfordie took the Vienna and @ewrzesinski has claimed the Pils. I think Stephen has taken the Munich. Please shoot me a PayPal when you get a chance.

10# Avangard Malz Premium Light Munich
10# Avangard Malz Premium Vienna
Sack Avangard Malz Premium Pilsen

@zombiemonkeypirate - there is another 10# of Vienna available if you want it.

I'll take it. Thanks!

I just learned that my wife has to go to a funeral tomorrow from 10-1130, which means I will have two 3-year olds on my hands. I'll have to be in and out and won't be able to pitch in, sorry.

I guess I'll shoot for a 10:30 arrival? I don't want to hold anyone up

Was that fun today, or what? Can you find the missing grain? :D ;) :p

Thanks for the help today for those that showed up. For the couple of people that did not pick up today, I have your grain at home. Email me when you can pickup...I can also meet you near where I work if that makes it more convenient or just bring it to the next grain buy.

This was BY FAR the most disorganized buy we have done, so apologies to anyone waiting around for us to figure things out. Last minute drop outs, missing a pallet of grain, etc. caused this to be so much harder than it should have been. I met the HBS manager today for the first time and we exchanged phone numbers, so I am hoping that makes communications better than the email thing was before!

I really need someone to step up and fill Mike's shoes, as pickup day really requires two people, one working splits and one working full sacks. So if anyone wants to volunteer, I could use the help.

As Three Stars gets larger, there may be issues with us storing grain for 1-2 weeks there which was part of the problem this time. They are expanding into the part of the building to the left of them as you look from the front, so I hope that helps. If not, we may have to look for another source because obviously we cannot order and pickup the same week and expect all the grain to arrive.

Cheers all and happy brewing!! Shout out to those who brought samples today! WOW!! Some fantastic beers to sample...

Break Break...

Shout out for recipe posting of two brews that were generously shared yesterday.
1 - Mango IPA
2 - Chocolate Stout, never met the brew but it was in a large bottle, specialty label

Thanks in advance.

public service announcement:

if anyone is looking to get into growing hops, i'm pulling up my plants this week. i've got cascade, centennial, columbus, santiam, nugget. they're all huge at this point, plenty to go around, but they've got to be out by this thursday. PM if interested.

Hi all, nice seeing you yesterday. It looks like I may have been a bonehead and left my scale over at 3 stars. Anyone happen to grab it?

It was nice meeting you guys on Saturday. Sorry It has taken me a while to post the recipe but here it is:
This recipe is for 5.5 Gallons. I brewed 11 Gallons and split it in half 5.5 of Pale Ale and 5.5 of Mango.
Pale Ale
10# Pale Malt (2row)
1 # Munich
8 oz Crystal 40
8 oz Honey Malt
.5 oz Jarrylo 60 mins
.5 oz Zythos 60 mins
1 oz Mosaic 10 mins
.5 oz Simcoe Hop Stand 10 mins
WLP090 San Diego Super
.5 oz Hop Hash dry hop 4 days
Mango Pale Ale
Follow the recipe above and DO NOT dry hop instead add 32 oz of mango juice at the end of fermentation and let it go for 4-5 days and done!!!
I used frozen mango from Costco and juiced it with a little bit of distilled water.
Also for the Pale Ale I used my house yeast which I harvest from Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Happy Brewing:mug::rockin:

Latest posts

Back