Mill help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecheberline

Reaction score
Hey there, i just got done with my first couple of all grain brewing, and turned out great! Now im looking for my own mill (im looking for that 100percent my beer feeling), any good ideas on a cheaper mill? What are you guys using? Thanks cant wait to hear and see

Monster Mill M3...great mill, but I'm sure their two roller mill is excellent too and cheaper. Whatever you go with I'd recommend you get a two roller purposed mill instead of re purposing something like a corona (I know many have them and love them) mill. I'd also recommend getting it setup to make it easy to put a motor on. If you want to make your life easy put a actual motor on it instead of a drill (esp if you want to run hard wheat through it).

direct from Monster Mill, can't remember the owners name, think it was Fred, but he was a great guy, tossed in the 1/2 drive shaft free. But, that was back when they were pretty new so prices are probably a little more set now.

2 roller Barley Crusher here, and its works great, just hook my cordless drill to it and grind em up.

We don't have ours yet, but our LHBS uses a Barley Crusher mill to grind customers grain. Motorized of course. I gotta say though, haven't read a bad thing about the Monster mill from people in this forum.

Save your pennies and buy a Monster brand. They are the best and you'll never have to replace it.

What kind of budget do see for a grain mill and how much do you intend to brew in the next 3 years? Getting opinions from other owners may or may not point you the right way for you.

people say that 3 roller increases the eff. by 5-10%. I am thinking of getting a 3 roller.

Back