MD Fall Brewday -Nov 14th, Joppa MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's do a brown porter. adx, do you have a recipe for a brown porter that you would like to brew?

We can always brew Jamil's "Who's Your Taddy Porter" for lack of any better ideas.

This is the recipe for an 11 gal batch.
19.00 lb - Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
2.00 lb - Brown Malt (65.0 SRM)
2.00 lb - Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM)
1.25 lb - Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM)
2.75 oz - Fuggles [4.50%] (60 min) Hops 20.3 IBU
1.00 oz - Fuggles [4.50%] (10 min) Hops 2.7 IBU

London Ale yeast is recommended.

Let me know if you are planning on getting the ingredients.

I got all the hops and grain. I'll figure out the costs and we can split it. It's probably around $15. Buying in bulk is AWESOME.

Good call Wes. I have some local ones from the Dominican that are real nice, and a couple from a small communist island (those will not be coming).

Cigars are a sore topic with me. I had a humi with about $50-75 worth of cigars and I don't know what happened or how but somehow I completely forgot to refill the humidifier for a few months and now they are all ruined. I am going to try and slowly rehydrate them but I don't have high expectations.

I'm going to the Flying barrel (LHBS) I'll be there in about 30 minutes. If anyone needs anything post within the next 30 minutes or so and I can pick it up.

Post before 11:15ish

I've got a couple Rocky Patel's I'll be bringing. Wish the Humidour opened early so I could pick some more up before brewing tomorrow.

I'm going to the Flying barrel (LHBS) I'll be there in about 30 minutes. If anyone needs anything post within the next 30 minutes or so and I can pick it up.

Post before 11:15ish

Hey, if they have any Wyeast Themes Valley (1275 I believe), would you mind grabbing one for me? I have a vial of burton ale, but wanted the themes.

Yes bring mash tuns. I'll bring the blingman and my smaller pot. Off to weigh out grains and see if I need to go get a tank.

What's wrong with iPhones?

By the way, I don't have a goddamn clue where I'm going tomorrow. Yunus hasn't called me yet. Someone PM me address/directions.

Just got done with dinner @ the melting pot. I'm drunk on cheese and oils right now. Sent a pm and email with the address and info.

See you all tomorrow.

Back