Masstoberfest 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having no success getting Mommymem into the backseat, Smurf took his shot at anything that resembled female...pretty sure you'll get a wooden response from her even though she appears to be in favorable attire.
proposal.jpg

This one totally perplexed Mommymem and I. We were checking out all the old farts in these pictures and "what the..HOW did Smurf get in that shot?" Those guys appear to be giving poor Smurf the cold shoulder, I guess they hadn't heard about the Masstoberfest Cup way back then.
trophy.jpg

Please send positive vibes down south, Smurf is gonna need all the help he can get, he thinks the Masstoberfest Cup will save them all. Hey, I thought this thing was named Florence, not Paul.
hurricane.jpg

^Dude, maybe just brew some beer, tune up the old whatever, get of the 'puter before it shrinks your brain.

This one totally perplexed Mommymem and I. We were checking out all the old farts in these pictures and "what the..HOW did Smurf get in that shot?" Those guys appear to be giving poor Smurf the cold shoulder, I guess they hadn't heard about the Masstoberfest Cup way back then.View attachment 587748
these are great

^Dude, maybe just brew some beer, tune up the old whatever, get of the 'puter before it shrinks your brain.
I don't think you appreciate the amount of work it is following these guys on their good bye tours is. I mean, do you know how many photos I took to get just one where both CardBob and PTN were looking at me without drooling?
canadian-bikini-team.jpg

I don't think you appreciate the amount of work it is following these guys on their good bye tours is. I mean, do you know how many photos I took to get just one where both CardBob and PTN were looking at me without drooling?View attachment 587907

I love this one. CardBob and Paulie down in the corner, where they belong.

I just found out I’m going to be in Florida for work for 2 weeks starting Monday. I was looking forward to seeing you guys. [emoji22]. I’ll have to live vicariously through pictures while drinking at some local brewery. (I think The Funky Buddha is near my hotel.).

Hey look! Is that Smurf with his buddies on a quest to Mordor looking for the perfect steinbier rocks? Guess he'll be making an ash beer again this year. I bet this will be the year of the first back-to-back Masstoberfest Cup winner.

Uh, Smurf, Mordor is the other direction. Hrm, maybe Galadriel is just out of shot dressed up as a nurse, oh wait, nevermind, that's Paulie.

Well, gotta go, I borrowed some of Smurf's Crocs when my sneakers melted and these stupid things aren't doing much better.
mordor.jpg

I'm starting to go through all my photos since Smurf won the most prestigious trophy in the whole world and I ran into this one and couldn't wait to post.

I bet you didn't know that the Masstoberfest Cup got Smurf onto the Beauty and Beast set did you?

Uh, Smurf, right actress, wrong movie buddy. Besides, it looks like CardBob has his eyes on that prize. I hope you didn't pop a pill already...poor Smurfette.

beast2.jpg

Last edited:
With only a few days left before Masstoberfest 2018, we have arrived at a sad point in Smurf's time with the cup...the real goodbye. Gone will be the fame and fortune, and here we have Smurf looking for new work for next Monday...
job.jpg

Yeah, good idea, no sense in competing with PTN, not even the cup can help against that. Don't worry Smurf, I heard there is this guy hiring flagpole burners.

By the way, does anyone know who Won is and why his standards are at that level?

Last edited:
They say that when you win such a prestigious award like the Masstoberfest Cup that you leave your indelible mark on this planet. I have no idea how Smurf pulled this one off...
STAR.jpg

Yay, would you look at the date! It's the night before Masstoberfest! Y'all know what that means dontcha? Yes! Time for your favorite bedtime story!

Twas the night before Masstoberfest 2017 and on Paul's stoop
Not a creature was stirring, nope, not even a Yoop.
But the smoker was stuffed full of wood with care,
In hopes that anyone at all soon would be there.

The turkeys were nestled all snug in their brine,
While out sat the briskets, ageing like fine wine.
And Alice in her sweatshirt, and Paulie in only his cap,
Had just snuggled together for a well needed nap.

When out in the backyard there arose such a clatter,
That Paulie sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away down the stairs he flew sorta like a flash,
Out onto the porch waving the paddle from his mash.

The moon on the breast of this bare chested fellow
Caused his neighbors to holler, scream, and then bellow.
Then, who before his squinty little eyes should appear,
But Smurf, Cape, and Mort, begging “where’s all the beer?”

Mort and Daddymem sitting by the oven,
With Melana and Sheila, the token homebrewing women.
Faster than a flying unicorn from the porch Paulie came,
We all whistled, and shouted, and called him rude names!

"Hey *********!” “Hey, Masshole!” “Hey, misguided brewer!”
“Get kneading!” “Get baking!” “Get meat on some skewers!”
“To the front of them bricks!” “But watch out you big hick!”
“Put on some pants before you burn your tiny wick!"

Then, so bad were the odors that poured from his smoker,
It caused the neighbors to contact their real estate brokers.
But to Paulie's house all the cool brewers did fly,
To eat all his vittles and later ask themselves why.

Some time later, as we all rested and recovered,
About great tasting pizza on and on Paulie blubbered,
And the meaning of sportscars Artur decided to ponder,
And what Smurf was mumbling we all did wonder.

Then Paulie's eyes began to twinkle! With winks that were so merry!
His cheeks were like roses and his perverted stance was so scary!
The pizza paddle was covered in cornmeal so thick
And his oven was hard, 'coz it is made out of brick.

The leg of a turkey he held tight in his teeth,
While the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.
He stood broad chested, a trident in hand,
And raised up his arms, to flaunt his mighty glands!

He was proud of his cooking, an obvious entertainment hero,
He laughed about his friends who thought he was a zero!
With a flick of his wrist and a twist of the dough,
He created pizza so good, Sheila wished for foam that she could blow.

Standing there nekkid, an apron to wear everyone did wish,
To hide Paulie’s junk, anything would do, a kettle, cup, or dish.
The day Mommymem did save, she always rocks,
When out of her bag she pulled a package of socks.

Finally, out of nowhere Paul sprang to the top of his smoker,
And away we dispersed when he swung the fireplace poker.
We heard him exclaim, yell, and curse like a svelte little punk,
"Go home, and go **** yourselves, you big bunch of drunks!"

Happy Masstoberfest Eve y'all!
santa2.jpg

Latest posts

Back