Masstoberfest 2018

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always wanted to visit this austere confluence of HBT genius and rabid brewing, but alas I will be unable to attend. Even the sweet siren call of burnt raw offerings, with a snide of sarcasm, is not enough to make me alter my plans. After all, I doubt I would fit in well, as I currently reside in the Mad Max barren wasteland of western MA; you know, that mythical area west of Trader Joe’s in West Newton but east of Tanglewood about which little is known, much is whispered and far less is cared? I’m sure my absence is why @Yooper is not coming.

I have always wanted to visit this austere confluence of HBT genius and rabid brewing, but alas I will be unable to attend. Even the sweet siren call of burnt raw offerings, with a snide of sarcasm, is not enough to make me alter my plans. After all, I doubt I would fit in well, as I currently reside in the Mad Max barren wasteland of western MA; you know, that mythical area west of Trader Joe’s in West Newton but east of Tanglewood about which little is known, much is whispered and far less is cared? I’m sure my absence is why @Yooper is not coming.

I think you meant august. And side. We are snide. And sarcastic. Like now.

As a general rule, once you get to your fourth comma and a semicolon in the same sentence it is time for a period.

Now THAT is a side of sarcasm.

Cool, I was hoping you were invited to the MGM Springfield opening. Got any money left Smurf?

mgm.jpg

For some weird reason, following Smurf around watching all his shenanigans reminded me of something. You collecting socks again this year?

socks.jpg

Thank GOD Smurf misread the memo on where the sock was supposed to be worn. Who do we have to thank for not correcting him as he walked out the door?

My hard drive is full of **** like that. It’s why I can’t remember new stuff, my brain is full with Rico Petrocelli’s lifetime batting average and Jim Lonborg career strikouts. I need to find a way to format my noggin.

But who doesn’t remember the EAC thread? Hilarious.

Not for nuttin' but my timing is, as always, spot on. Down to my last bunch of socks. For those of you who haven't come to Masstoberfest before, I ask folks to bring along a pack of socks. I work for the Mass Department of Public Health, working with a lot of disadvantaged folks. One of the biggest problems homeless people have is inadequate footwear. For the past few years I've been asking people who attend to do this and it works out great. That is my last pack of socks from last year and it will be gone by the party. If you can bring a bag of socks along they will go to a good cause. If you can't, not a problem, still come to the party.View attachment 585722

John, Paul, George, Smurf and Ringo. It’s got a certain cache to it.

Or as Balrog would undoubtedly say, a certain cafe to it.

Balrog would likely snarkily say "indubitably" instead. But I'm partial to Alaskan Amber, having grown up in East Tennessee. It follows logically from the yogurt question, and has nothing to do with socks.

Hey, listen up. I’m lazy. I’m going to send a link to this thread to my “normal” friends to tell the about Masstoberfest 2018. You arseholes behave yourselves and don’t scare off the civilians or I’ll serve the Bog Water that day

Masstoberfest 2018. Saturday September 22, 2018.

Jeezuz, ain't this thing ever going to die? Twelve years! Holy cow, why my wife doesn’t forbid me from doing this again is beyond me.

You guys know the drill by now. Bring your rig and brew with us. No matter how you do it, we want to see it. Extract batches, beer in a bag, all grain, di-lithium crystal warp drive powered mega-sculptures... It's all good and we want to see you doing the voodoo that you do so well.

Brewers arrive early, eaters and drinkers come later. I've decided to serve the BBQ a little later in the day so I don't have to be up all night cooking. Still, it takes a good six hours to do an all grain batch so time your arrival accordingly. I figure to have brisket, ribs and turkey ready around 3-4. Please bring samples of your brews to share with us. Not a competition, just sharing your stuff with friends. If you want to bring some food that's great, if you don't that's cool too. If you want to bring friends, that's cool too. (Assuming your friends aren't sociopaths) This started out as a party for, by and about brewers but has grown over the years to include everybody from my Mom to random strangers crashing the party as they walk down the street.

Corn hole, Horseshoes, Pin the Tail on Yeager

I'll have the Double D (Damned Drinkable) IPA of The Witches Brew fame, my Porter Square recipe and The Tallywacker American Standard on tap. If you want to bring a corney keg feel free. That being said, we're all adults here. If you have too much to drink you are welcome (and expected) to pitch a tent and spend the night. If you pass out by the bonfire I'll put a blanket over you and hide your car keys. (There, now I've covered my ass from a legal perspective.)

And then there is the Masstoberfest Cup. The most coveted prize in Home Brewing. Every year the former winners vote to decide who best reflects the spirit of the Masstoberfest. You know, back stabbing, tax evading, little old lady tripping, ne'er do wells with antisocial tendencies. You need to brew that day to be eligible, unless they take an enormous dislike to you and decide to stick it to you and vote you the winner. The only rule to winning is that you need to return the cup better than you got is.

OK, that's it. Let the bullsh!tting commence.
too bad I can't make it . Im the type of ne'er do well that shoves baby ducks in the creek and drowns fish...I have been known to step on my own mothers toes too.

I believe he said "normal", not regular...and Normal is only relative to the circle of friends one keeps . Regular is what you are after coffee and raisin bran ...
Indeed you are correct about what he wrote, and the after effects of coffee and Raisin Bran... Thanks! :)

Well...another exciting weekend following in the wake of Smurf's World Wide Goodbye Masstoberfest Cup Tour 2018. I had no idea he'd take us to the Freetown Historical Society Open House.
Here's Smurf telling Mommymem about his fond memories as a strapping young lad in the backseat of a car just like this. If I didna know better, I'd say he was trying to coax Mommymem into that backseat...watch yerself now Smurf.
chevy2.jpg

Well...another exciting weekend following in the wake of Smurf's World Wide Goodbye Masstoberfest Cup Tour 2018. I had no idea he'd take us to the Freetown Historical Society Open House.
Here's Smurf telling Mommymem about his fond memories as a strapping young lad in the backseat of a car just like this. If I didna know better, I'd say he was trying to coax Mommymem into that backseat...watch yerself now Smurf.View attachment 587688
nice coupla vehicles there .

Back