Michigan Looking for yeast strains from the now-defunct Craft Cultures company in Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntDoctor

Reaction score
I'll be living in Michigan this summer, and I want to make a Michigan brew that's VERY Michigan-focused. Through my searches, I learned that Michigan used to have its own yeast company, but it seems that it must have closed during the pandemic or something.

I know this is a longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get either their Keweenaw Ale Yeast or their Eagle River Ale Yeast. The links I listed don't actually allow me to buy them, I think they're just old listings that haven't been cleaned up and removed yet.

I'd be willing to trade or pay for it! My backup plan is to harvest some of Bell's house strain, but I am much more interested in Belgian/Saison yeasts. Thanks in advance!

By south-east I assume you mean NOT the U.P., right? Maybe in the Ann Arbor area?

Darn! That's literally as far away in Michigan as possible from where I'll be! I have a friend in Ann Arbor, but otherwise no way to get over there.

I have my Craft Culture Eagle River Ale Yeast II spun up now in a starter, let' see if it is still good. I think I still have some small yeast containers that I might be able to use for possible shipping.

I have my Craft Culture Eagle River Ale Yeast II spun up now in a starter, let' see if it is still good. I think I still have some small yeast containers that I might be able to use for possible shipping.

Let me know if there's any yeast you'd be interested in too! I have that Bananza yeast, OYL-200, the Conan yeast, and done random kveiks. Nothing too crazy outside of the genetically modified Bananza stuff.

I tested the starter and it was still good, definite Belgian flavor profile! The only smaller container I have to ship is the actual container that yeast was shipped in!

PM your shipping info and I can get that out with an ice pack or two to make sure it makes it in good condition. I would recommend a starter just to make sure as well, but that is just me; and the fact that I like to overbuild to keep yeast around for a while... obviously!

Back