Kolsch and Mango?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidds457

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a Kolsch with fruit flavoring? I have a Kolsch in primary fermentation, and some mango puree in the refrigerator. Should I put it in the fermentor while secondary? I don't know how I feel about it! Super curious, but super scared.

A craft here in Portugal (Barona Brewing Co.) did an awesome Kolsch with cucumber (I mean it's so f** delicious... I drank over almost 10 liters of their batch).

With fruit (mango)? I reckon it could turn a bit too sweet as that style usually comes with a residual malt sweetness but if that tickles your fancy go for it.

If you do, do it in the secondary yes (it will kickstart the fermentation with all the new sugars lying around).

I'm going to do the Mango Kolsch recipe from Northern Brewer over the Fourth.

I won't wear my Clown Shoes but we will see how it turns out.

Did you ever take the leap?

So the bottle conditioning is done through 2 weeks now and I completed a mango Kolsch. I used the tincture of mango that came with my recipe. I tried to keep it light, 5 drops in each bottle. It really did turn out well. The Kolsch alone is very good and split done with and some without but very tasty indeed. No puree, but I did do an apricot Blonde this summer that I posted about in this forum which also did well. That had both tincture and puree but did pretty well.

Latest posts

Back