Keg retailer recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandito

Reaction score
Just bottled this weekend and I'm about sick of cleaning bottles. Gonna get serious about kegging.

Anyone seen a good deal on a basic corny kit recently?

What retailers have you been happy buying kegging equipment from?

What am I going to forget to buy that I won't realize until the 11th hour?

-Cheers!

I've bought from Chicompany.net and Sabco (kegs.com). Both were in fine condition for used kegs. I've bought new from Midwest Supplies. They are very nice, but definitely not as sturdy as the old school Cornelius or Firestone kegs.

I keep extra seals, posts, poppets, etc.. It's very easy to rebuild a keg yourself. I do prefer to buy kegs that have been cleaned with caustic inside. I got one a couple of years ago that still had syrup in it...not fun to clean that guy.

There is a link to Mcmaster somewhere on this site for the buna-n seals you need to rebuild a keg.

One suggestion...if you are just now buying your first kegs, try to get the same type so that you can buy one type of replacement lid, post and poppet if needed. If you mix and match kegs, you'll potentially need different spare parts.

Kegconnection.com ftw. Just wait a week. They're a little backlogged from the cold in texas (had to shut down a few days I guess). There's a thread around here about them -check it out.

Latest posts

Back