Hello from Sunny Morecambe 🌞

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Bodger

Reaction score
Hi all! Just a quick post to introduce myself.

I live in Morecambe as you will have already guessed from the post title. I've been brewing for about 15 years off and on. I never progressed to all grain brewing for a number of reasons, primarily having the room and justifying the cost to set it up to the missus. I started out with a king keg which soon grew to 4 king kegs. My circumstances changed and 4 became 2. I recently decided to take up the hobby again during covid. I wanted a more mobile system so I decided to go the corny keg route. I started with a 19ltr and 10ltr kegs. I eventually ended up with 2x 19ltr and 1x 10ltr kegs. I also kept the king kegs for extra capacity. The irony is I really don't drink very much so I end up inviting people over for a beer to keep it moving. As time has moved on I've also moved to pressure fermenting and bought a Fermzilla which I love. Kegland has been my best friend regarding kit. My set up is CO2 cylinder to 3 inline regulators then onto the kegs. Because I went the corny route I modified my king kegs with a quick disconnect post, pressure gauge and presta valve. I have recently acquired a beer engine so I bought a tap for the king keg with a push fit end so I can connect to it. I tried it for the first time today and it works great. The king keg is ideal because you only need a couple of psi to replace the beer pulled. I use the top tap king keg with floating dip tube so I can drink from it asap.

I brew from kits and I am very happy with them. I have on at the moment. Woodford's Wherry on the hand pull, king keg set up. I have Munton's Citrus wheat beer in one corny and Razorback IPA in the other.

I'm looking forward to reading about what other people are doing. If I can contribute by offering any tips gleaned from my journey I will be very happy.

Regards
Bill

Welcome to HBT.

My current set up is: BIAB, 2.5 gallon batches, in a triclad 6 gallon pot. Ferment in Speidel fermenters, in a deep freeze with Ink-Bird controller, then bottle.

Cheers!

Back