Keg - Keggle Conversion help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLB

Reaction score
I found these two kegs on Craigslist, but I am not sure if they would make good keggles. They are both the same, but I am not sure about what to do with the hole on the side. Get it welded shut? Is it possible to get a valve attached if the hole side doesn't match? If they look like they are workable, I will try to pick them up in the morning. I am not worried about risking $25, but I don't also want to lose 2 hours RT picking them up also. Thanks for the advice.

Personally, I think they are more trouble than they are worth although 25 dollars is cheap. I suppose that you could weld the holes shut but I don't see many folks using these types of kegs and there must be a reason.

There are a few on here with them. You can try pluging the bung hole with a large bolt/nut and on o-ring. Or get it welded shut.

I'm sure you could fit something on those lower holes. Worth a shot anyway. I mean for $12.50 each....

Back