First Batch in Years - What Needs Replaced?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterblum

Reaction score
Life got in the way of my hobby - I built a nice eBIAB setup about 5 years ago, and only made two batches on it before buying a house. Enough said...
I did get the system "set up" in my garage about two years ago, and brought a "batch" of water up to temp before flushing out all my hoses and valves, so it hasn't entirely been sitting that whole time.
I am already working on replacing all of the hoses in my kegerator, all of the o-rings on my kegs, and am getting my CO2 tank re-certified and re-filled.
I am going to toss my StarSan and any old DME, brewing salts, acid, yeast nutrient, Whirlfoc, Fermcap, etc.
Is there anything else I should pitch/replace? Any reason to be concerned with the silicone tubing to/from my CFC that I also use for recirculation during the mash? Grain bag?
I am also going to break apart all of my camlock fittings/any NPT connections, as well as break apart my ball valves and pump head just to make sure I am good to go.
Thanks!

If it's porous and cold-side, it should be replaced. The grain bag you mentioned: I'd at least boil it for 10-15 minutes. I'd replace the silicon tubing if it had wort in it, or at least cycle boiling water through it for a while. Clean your beer nozzles on your kegerator in case they have mold inside. Maybe boil the grain bag while bringing the water up to temp to run through the cfc.

Back