Just harvested my first crop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateG

Reaction score
As the title says I just finished harvesting my hops, 5 cascade plants. I think I did pretty well, I made 4 2'x2' drying trays and they are all crammed full right now on top of a large fan drying. I will post some photos later.

You should have yourself a pound or more when they're all dried out. Congrats!!!

Basically all 5 plants grew into one giant mass so I ended up cutting it all down together.

One of the more energetic cones, I give all the credit to our Koi, they make great fertilizer. The size of the cones ranged from this size down to dime size.

Finally the stack, it is on top of a large fan set on low, I figure I will leave it overnight.

[...]Finally the stack, it is on top of a large fan set on low, I figure I will leave it overnight.[...]

Probably more like a couple of days, unless it's insanely hot & dry where you are. You want to dry them until the strig snaps instead of bending in half...

Cheers!

Well, I already bagged them and they are in the freezer :/
I got 5 4oz bags which I guess are not quite 4oz then.

I see nine bags, but my counting is marginal at best :D

Latest posts

Back