Infusing beer after it’s been legged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, guys:

Is there a way to add more flavor to beer after you've kegged it? I brewed and kegged 5 gallons of porter recently. I infused it with about a cup of homemade almond paste during secondary fermentation for flavor/added alcohol. After tapping and tasting for the first time, there is no really discernible almond-y flavor or aroma. Any ideas on infusing, or am I S.O.L.? I have almond extract and am not against adding it to growlers, but I think that would be a mistake. As is, the brew tastes great if I do say so myself, so I am fine with drinking it and starting over, but it's not what I was going for and wanted to see if I can "save" it. Thanks in advance.

if you have the typical corny keg, just add it in and repurge the headspace of your keg to remove the oxygen. Like @Jtvann said, its typical for people to add their tinctures or extracts at kegging or to the bottling bucket.

I think keg is fine. That’s how I’ll probably do my maple syrup and just let the residual yeast work on it for a couple months at room temperature

Latest posts

Back