Infusing beer after it’s been legged?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Joseph Martinez

Reaction score
Hey, guys:

Is there a way to add more flavor to beer after you've kegged it? I brewed and kegged 5 gallons of porter recently. I infused it with about a cup of homemade almond paste during secondary fermentation for flavor/added alcohol. After tapping and tasting for the first time, there is no really discernible almond-y flavor or aroma. Any ideas on infusing, or am I S.O.L.? I have almond extract and am not against adding it to growlers, but I think that would be a mistake. As is, the brew tastes great if I do say so myself, so I am fine with drinking it and starting over, but it's not what I was going for and wanted to see if I can "save" it. Thanks in advance.

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
if you have the typical corny keg, just add it in and repurge the headspace of your keg to remove the oxygen. Like @Jtvann said, its typical for people to add their tinctures or extracts at kegging or to the bottling bucket.

odie

Reaction score
I think keg is fine. That’s how I’ll probably do my maple syrup and just let the residual yeast work on it for a couple months at room temperature