I'm dying ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeitgeist
("sitsen leben" gets honorable mention, but that's two words and on this thread that is ... .verboten ... <hey!> )

for earworm emergencies I have a sort of "earworm Narcan" ... the problem is, the cure is worse than the problem.
This is a species of deadly killer earworm that destroys other earworms. There are actually a couple of them.
Because it can be like a virus escaping from some wuhan chinese lab ... I can't tell you directly what they are, it's just too dangerous ... however ........... I will give you a very general description

It is from a dry cat food commercial started in the 1970's, where the first word in the loop is "meow", and the last word in the jingle/loop is "meow".

(nearly 100% effective in people over the age of 30.)

Last edited:
ap798386886673_custom-247a20518bf04f86ef4457d12939f46521c8751b-s1100-c50.jpg

Cat urine is right behind it.
I only experienced it when I went just inside the door of a cat lady's house. Foul, foul, foul! The house would need to be burned down and rebuilt. Just a sickening odor.
We've had cats for 30 years. Luckily, no spraying ever. Keeping the litter box clean is a must.
Neutering is a requirement for the "no spraying" bit to be true. Still could run into a cat that gets a bladder infection or whatever but that's not happened either.

i'm not saying i agree, "wonder bra" had me laughing and thinking of this....

No offense, but I'm starting to think you may be as crazy as I am. I get these random connections to old songs and commercials all the time. IRL I have outbursts similar to your video posts. I'd seek help, but I'm having too much fun

No offense, but I'm starting to think you may be as crazy as I am. I get these random connections to old songs and commercials all the time. IRL I have outbursts similar to your video posts. I'd seek help, but I'm having too much fun
No offense, but you must be as old as me.

There is a greater than casual correlation between music/lyric 'memory' and age. I can remember tunes and words from songs I haven't even thought of for decades, but often struggle to remember why I walked into a room or what it was that I meant to retrieve.

Or as Jimmy Buffet intoned, "Jump right up and show your age."

No offense, but you must be as old as me.

There is a greater than casual correlation between music/lyric 'memory' and age. I can remember tunes and words from songs I haven't even thought of for decades, but often struggle to remember why I walked into a room or what it was that I meant to retrieve.

Or as Jimmy Buffet intoned, "Jump right up and show your age."
Yeah. If I get up to do 2 things, I forget at least one of them. I hadn't thought of this commercial in years, but I sang it to my wife the other day verbatim. Enjoy:

Yeah. If I get up to do 2 things, I forget at least one of them. I hadn't thought of this commercial in years, but I sang it to my wife the other day verbatim. Enjoy:

I'm not clicking that vid, it may take weeks to get the jingle out of my head. LOL :mug:

... to inform you all that our beloved Lorena (Yooper), who has ran this community for so many years, has just been featured on a podcast. So please check it out and show some support. Leave a 5 star review at the podcast too as a Christmas gift. Maybe mention me too in the review and how cool I am. I am not involved in this podcast nor have they ever asked me on it.

Watch it on YouTube (warning there is smoking of tobacco) OR Apple OR Spotify

Also Lorena was just recently the technical editor for the new book The Fermentation Kitchen so check that out. Christmas gift?

--------------

Giveaway

I will purchase a copy of The Fermentation Kitchen, with my own money earned in the Texas coal mines, for two lucky winners here in US. All you have to do to enter is reply here with your favorite word. Is it shenanigans? phenomenon? Don't have one? Just lie. I will close this on Monday December 20th and pick two random winners.

Good luck everyone!
whoop whoop

Back