I did almost nothing at work today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Reaction score
I just had to say it. In the morning we did some stuff and then I was the only one left and other than eat lunch I did nothing. I almost napped but I hate napping in a chair. I may do one small thing and then go home, get a cup of coffee, plan what I am buying at the LHBS tomorrow and then play some online poker.

Maybe I'll skip that one small thing I was going to do. I may as well be a true slacker.:mug:

I did almost nothing all week at work. At times it gets pretty frustrating, but hey, they pay me damn good money and expect me to do what I do. So who am I to complain?

When it comes down to it, I'm sure we all earned our place wherever we're at. I know I sure did.

schools were out today --- workers were off -- the restaurant was slammed hard.
I was crazy busy from 10am till 5 when I was relieved by the closing manager.

I envy those that could relax today.
working on 8 days straight, got 5 more to go till day off... FML.

Sad thing is, I worked from home today (sick kid) and probably did less HBT browsing than normal!

Is that irony? or something else?

I had to teach an on-site Microsoft engineer how to create a disk partition. In Windows. It took GREAT restraint to not kill him where he stood.

I had to teach an on-site Microsoft engineer how to create a disk partition. In Windows. It took GREAT restraint to not kill him where he stood.

How is that even possible? If he can't do that, how can you have confidence in anything he does?

Back to topic, sometimes I'm paid just to be the guy who's available when the fit hits the shan. So on days where I'm not as productive as I could be, it's balanced out by being the only one who can do what needs to be done. No coffee, quick lunch, and work until it's done.

It's not that you weren't productive. You just had unverifiable productivity. You know, meetings, phone calls, research, and general stuff.

Had a manager once ask me why I wasn't doing anything. I flipped through the various jobs running on my three systems and explained that to do more work, I needed more and better hardware. He had the fastest PC in the company and I never saw it running anything other than a screen saver. He didn't even read his email. His secretary printed out the important ones. (Yes, the pointy-haired boss lives.)

Back