How long does does it take you to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon batch yesterday. Total time from waking up to being cleaned up was 8 hours. Started heating strike water for second batch after doing my last sparge on the first. Mash was done just as I was finishing up filling the carboy on the first. One more burner and one more keggle and I could probably do both at once.

partial mash: 3-4 hours, sometimes more if i'm lazy

all-grain: 4-6 hours, sometimes more if i'm lazy :D

this is start to finish, btw. preparation, brewing and cleanup.

OK, just to answer again - 6 hours for an apartment AG, while I bottled some Octoberfast, cleaned the keg, racked an IPA into that keg, cleaned the 5 gal carboy, racked my cider into that, cleaned my 6.5 gal carboy, racked the new house into that. "Mostly cleaned up".
Oh not done yet, need to update my sig...

Barring any problems it takes me about 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours. A couple of times I was close to 4 hours.

I find that the key to brewing quickly is to always have enough water on hand that is hotter than you need it to be. It can always be cooled down quickly. Other than that you have to stick to the schedule of the recipe.

Latest posts

Back