How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been busy doing back to back blind tastings of kettle and....ummm....non kettle corn.

Early results indicate that it's exactly the same stuff. I'm waiting for funding to write a paper on it.

When you are done, I'll attempt to repeat your process...you know, for science.

I've been busy doing back to back blind tastings of kettle and....ummm....non kettle corn.

Early results indicate that it's exactly the same stuff. I'm waiting for funding to write a paper on it.

Make sure to keep them separate. I've heard that when kettle corn and regular popcorn interact, it releases a tremendous amount of energy since kettle corn is popcorn's version of anti-matter.

Make sure to keep them separate. I've heard that when kettle corn and regular popcorn interact, it releases a tremendous amount of energy since kettle corn is popcorn's version of anti-matter.

Popcorn's version of anti-matter is theater popcorn with the fake oil that attempts to be butter.

Puffed Corn is where it's at.

Years ago I had a dog (Gus), Who would eat anything. He would wolf down any food, and actually made a whistling sound cause he ate so fast.

He was our garbage disposal.

One day I gave him some puffed corn ( cause no one would eat them ) and it was like that scene from Cool Hand Luke where the hounds tracking him ran into the spices that he spread on the ground.

He was spittin and blowin the puffs all over the place.

It was hilarious.

I only eat cheese-flavored packing peanuts, thankyouverymuch.

my bad, brosniff. the cheese are my favorite too. once we were walking back from a store and our 4 y/o kept dropping cheese puffs on the sidewalk and stepping on them. they left grease stains that stayed for months, even after a good rain or two.

I'm sure he's out there somewhere.

When that underage guy came on last night ranting about getting banned and how he protest-drank to boycott American drinking laws, I was kinda hoping it would be the second coming of Gary_Oak.

1Gary_Oak lives inside of me. Gary_Oak lives inside of you. Gary_Oak lives within our hearts. 2All praise Gary_Oak, peace be unto him, and await his return. For lo, he comes as a theif in the night, as a child sneaking drinks from his parents' liquor cabinet. We know not the day, nor the hour, nor the year of his return. 3Only that he was, and will be, and is very thirsty, and reads books.

I can make you a decal to put on your hops freezer.

All my decals go on stray cats.

Free advertising FTW!

decal 2.jpg

Yeah, I actually thought this one got locked up. Surprised it didn't.

But if it did, and it got unlocked again, it would only make me that much closer to confirming my suspicion that Mr. Oak was just a pseudonym of a mod or longtime user having some fun. It was just way too hard to believe that was an actual person.

Then again, that disbelief comes to me almost daily on the Trump thread.

Link please!

If I was a betting man, I'd say they got deleted, but there were 2 threads, but the gists were:

"Why'd my last account get shut down? All I did was post that I gave no fvcks. Are we adults here, or overly-sensitive housewives?"

And...

"I'm 18 years old and I drink. So what? Teenagers have been drinking for centuries, regardless of what the laws say. I don't drink because I like to get drunk, but because alcohol is a major part of my European heritage."

Back