How do I keep a 19 year old out of my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes & no.

In the words of my high school autoshop teacher: Locks don’t stop thieves. Locks keep honest people honest.

If he’s a motivated thief there is no stopping it short of kicking him out. If he’s an honest guy falling to temptation, locks will work.

If I wanted to bypass a tap lock, I'd buy a picnic tap for $10. When I wanted to draw a beer, I'd just swap in my own tap.

Of course, if I wanted to bypass Wi-Fi camera's, I'd just unplug the router.

Check eBay keywords "spy dvr motion" for some pretty cheap hidden cameras.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1280x960-H...sh=item48c54ba11c:g:x3YAAOSwxm5cnDJ~&LH_BIN=1

I am still with a motion activated spy cam you need proof before you accuse anyone and these things are cheap on ebay I found this one in 2 seconds it's a smoke detector who's even going to notice it

hidden-camera-smoke-detector.jpg

when you brew show him a pic of you sticking your dick in it, or something like that, wife shouldn't mind...but him and his friends will think twice....

but seriously, before my mom let me drink at 17-18 'around her', i was guzzling kesler with friends....went from that, to about 3-4 beers...

edit: just no one would play fellowship of the drink with you!

Instead of an unsightly lock, you can use a window sensor from a security system. For $20 I can buy an additional sensor and get text alerts. If you don't already have a security system, there are surely standalone window or door sensors out there that sound an alarm or something.

You want to kill him??? And anyone else who drinks that stuff? (maybe even you if you forget about it) Tetrahydrozaline (sp?) is a dangerous poison.
Maybe. But im alive. So is our old principal. And a college buddy. So is the jackass who refused to stop hitting on my coworker. I know because he was across the street the next night bothering another young bartender.

In conclusion, alcohol is poison. You hear about teenagers dying from alcohol poisoning. Visine? Not so much.

So, my bil is not disrespectful, just sneaky. Beer goes missing and nobody knows what happened to it. As does cologne, food, phone chargers, etc. Things where I've got no solid evidence, but it didn't happen before he moved in.

I don't know about you but a 12 pack of phone chargers is not on my weekly grocery list. You say he's not disrespectful but come on man, those aren't typically a consumable item in my house.

"Beer goes missing and nobody knows what happened to it. As does cologne, food, phone chargers, etc. Things where I've got no solid evidence, but it didn't happen before he moved in. "
Game changer.......
He's a thief, show him the exit.

Teach him respect! That is the key word for all our family and life problems in my household. If he is NOT going to respect the rules then there is no place for him in the house. Simple in my book.
We don't lock stuff in our house (15 and 17 year old boys) My boys know the rules, respect them AND my things because they want me to respect theirs. They are not perfect but I would rather have a household where we respect each others things, then a place of battle.

Good luck!

Cheers
Jay

Back