Houston ,TX Brew Pubs, Microbreweries, etc?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky7s

Reaction score
I will be in Houston the week of 3/11 while my SWMBO receives treatment at MD Anderson. We are staying nearby. Any Brew Pubs, microbreweries LHBS stores close by? I'll have some down/alone time and SWMBO will send me off to have A BEER with her blessings.

Welcome to Houston. Lot's of great places to go.

Saint Arnold Brewery is the big craft brewer in the area. They have regular tours and tastings. The Karbach Brewery is pretty small, but they have tours and tastings on Friday and Saturday nights. Out in Katy there's No Label Brewing which has tastings and tours on Saturdays from 12-3 PM.

The only Homebrew store local in Houston that I know of is Defalco's. It's close to the hospital just west on I-610 (Stella Link Rd.) so you can check them out pretty easily. They usually have some kind of demonstration and tasting on the weekends.

Not many brew pubs in Houston, but there are lots of good bars with good beer selections. Flying Saucer and Petrol Station come to mind.

All the best to your SWSBO. Hope she gets better and y'all can come back to Houston on better terms someday.

Sadly, this will most likely not be our only trip to MD Anderson and probably the shortest stay. Thanks for the information.

You can also check out City Acre Brewing. It's a brewpub. I haven't been there, but I heard good things from my brother.

As far as craft beer bars, Hay Merchant is another good one.

Hope everything goes well. MD Anderson has a good reputation around here, FWIW.

MD Anderson has a few places in Houston area. If you got the one on Kingsland and are near Katy then Texas Homebrewers is the best LHBS in the Houston area. They have a demo every Saturday and people bring tastings. It's always a good group of guys and I am sure they would welcome you. Also NO Label has demos every Saturday. I have never been yet but many say it's a great time. Also the Whole foods in Katy will fill growlers of great beer. All this is near the MD Anderson on Kingsland.

Hope all is well!

Depending on what MD anderson your going depends on the bars around. Lots of good bars around rice village/heights area and on westhiemer. There is hay merchant that has a good selection but i'll go to petrol over that place. What area is the hospital located?

Back