Hi everyone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Carmen from San Diego, and I'm pretty new to brewing, so I'm sorry for all the stupid questions!
I'm really looking forward to learning from all of you.

i assume you joined not only for the brewing related talk, but also to play 'name that skyline picture game!'! ;)

:mug:

Welcome!

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it!

To me, in your own house, every person should be a drug kingpin! i think you'll find lots of support to achieve that goal here!

8 tap kegerators with 16 kegs, no problem....flat nitro stouts? dito, flat 'cask' ales...same there...the important thing is you get a warm fuzzy feeling!

According to my FB history today in 2015 I brewed my very first beer. It was a one gallon Brooklyn brew kit with steeping grains. I made mistake, and anxiously checked it several times a day. It wasn’t true to style, heck it was nowhere near the style but it was drinkable. Cheers! What are you brewing Carmen?

My first try is going to be Sparkling Hard Yerba Mate with some fruit added. Not 100% sure what fruit though.
The teas, seltzers and the ciders are supposed to be easier and cheaper to make since it is just fermentation, and not many ingredients, so I want to practice with those first for a little bit.

My first try is going to be Sparkling Hard Yerba Mate with some fruit added. Not 100% sure what fruit though.
The teas, seltzers and the ciders are supposed to be easier and cheaper to make since it is just fermentation, and not many ingredients, so I want to practice with those first for a little bit.
I’m not into hard seltzer, but the yeast will need nutrients, with that said at least one supplier includes them with the pack of yeast and it’s called something like seltzer yeast I think its from Mangrove Jack.

Welcome aboard this crazy train we call a hobby. You are on the edge of a slippery slope into the rabbit hole of homebrewing from which there is no return. Happy brewing.

Back