Hey! I am a craft brewer too!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% committed to this! Did we establish a date for "get this to me by x/xx/2009"? I went back through the thread but may have over looked it...

-Tripod

If you guys still need people to do this I would be interested, I could probably get a group of people together to do this.

Plans to brew this weekend. Should be able to film my stuff that day. Borrowing a camera from work that we use to film training videos.

June 15 is understandable but not more than 4 days later, some of us will be rubbing elbows with 15-20 of the top brewers, beer writers and other beer rockstars in the country.

June 15 is understandable but not more than 4 days later, some of us will be rubbing elbows with 15-20 of the top brewers, beer writers and other beer rockstars in the country.

That's cool, but this is a homebrewers version, they already had their version. Don't see the need for the bigshots in this video.

Gotta agree, I like the idea of keeping this among the unsung, passionate ones from HBT...

That's cool, but this is a homebrewers version, they already had their version. Don't see the need for the bigshots in this video.

If it were truly a homebrewer video then we wouldn't use any of the source, but we are, the shots pacing, script.

It's an homage.

Having some of the other pro brewers doing a tribute back at us ties the concept together.

It's a moot point because of the deadline.

I just think you're mad you missed out last year when the NHC was in your backyard.

I just think you're mad you missed out last year when the NHC was in your backyard.

Is it really that obvious?? Crap. I've been taking a workshop on hiding my emotions, must be a reason the instructor keeps asking if I'm sure I don't have anything better to do. :drunk:

I see your idea about having them pay homeage to us. I was just thinking of them talking about their brewing and how that wouldn't necessarily fit.

Hopefully we can get it edited and show Stone Greg and than film reactions at the conf. Or maybe we can get Gary Glass to show it at the General Session.

Or maybe we can just get their 2girl 1cup reactions. :fro:

Hey guys, I missed this thread since I don't always pop in the to the general beer discussion forum as much as I'd like - but I just wanted to say awesome idea, hope it comes out great. :mug:

Oh... and you didn't reach out to Craigtube and ask him to record a spot? :D

So does anyone have anything new to share on this one? Curious how the filming/submitting is going....

-Tripod

My shooting will be next weekend, but as of yet, I haven't seen upoading info.

Anybody?

I forgot about it. Don't think I will be brewing this week/weekend, but I could maybe get the camera set up and do shot with kegerator and homebrew in hand. Or "fake" it with water and burner and MLT (and homebrew in hand).

Yes, I have been waiting on where/how to actually submit... I pushed this as far as I know how, now it is up to the "tech" guys to pick it up and run with it...

Who wants to host an FTP site? I would but my up speed sucks donkey nuts. Plus I am not the one doing the editing so whoever that is would just have to download everything from me anyways. Who are the editors? Can they host an FTP site on one of their machines?

My FTP is available. We're trying to figure out an easy front end for FTPing, but that's being a bit elusive. People who want the username and password to do just normal FTPing of their footage can DM me.

Shot my video today!
I'm uploading it to James as I type this.
Had to drink a few beers due to the shoot.
I'm feeling pretty happy right about now!:cross:
And somehow the lawn didn't get mown!!:drunk:

I guess I should have paid more attention to this thread. I was expecting a PM or something letting us know when the due date was.

So what exactly am I supposed to do, do I film certain lines, am I going to be assigned a line, or what?

Sorry if I'm being a ******* and missed the directions somewhere in this thread.

I PM'd Cyberpacker, but I'm not too sure who else is in charge of this. My camera is down right now, so I can't get my stuff filmed. If anyone wants to take my place, PM the right people, or I can just tell you what my lines were supposed to be and forward you the instructions for the FTP.

Finally finished PMing FTP instructions. If someone thought they were assigned lines and hasn't received a PM with upload instructions, let me know. Chances are your pm box is full. As far as I know cyberbackpacker is still unofficially heading the project, but if you don't hear back from him just PM someone who posted in this thread after things were cut off.

I PM'd Cyberpacker, but I'm not too sure who else is in charge of this. My camera is down right now, so I can't get my stuff filmed. If anyone wants to take my place, PM the right people, or I can just tell you what my lines were supposed to be and forward you the instructions for the FTP.

Hi Edcculus,

I am planning to film this weekend. I'll gladly add your lines to what I'm planning on filming as long as no one has an objection to that. Which lines were assigned to you? I guess I could just look on the list. :)

-Tripod

Hello All,

I just looked at the list again. Edcculus and I are already both assigned to lines 85 and 90. So I would only be additionally picking up lines 26, 47, and 69.

As long as everyone is OK with that...I'm just taking the initiative here. I thought it would be simpler to volunteer than to reassign and distribute the lines. Any objections?

-Tripod

Shot my vid last night but couldn't figure out the camera I borrowed to play it back so hopefully the sound picked up. I'm uploading to a PC today to look at it. If it was crappy (aka no sound) I'll re-record tonight with my handheld.

Got my video uploaded. Sound is okay but it is so dark. I am going to re film with my personal hand held and see if I can't get it uploaded.

Just wanted to check in, if there's anyone who's on the original list and thinks they won't be able to record their lines, please let us know so we can reassign. Just a reminder that the "official" deadline is monday. I know I'm going to be a bad role model and not have mine ready by then, but PLEASE if you have time this weekend get it done so the editors can get to work. At this point with 44 listed contributors, we have a whopping 2 videos uploaded. Lets make this happen.

I'm halfway done with mine, but I may re-shoot or add additional takes. I should make the deadline unless something unforeseen happens.

Just wanted to check in, if there's anyone who's on the original list and thinks they won't be able to record their lines, please let us know so we can reassign. Just a reminder that the "official" deadline is monday. I know I'm going to be a bad role model and not have mine ready by then, but PLEASE if you have time this weekend get it done so the editors can get to work. At this point with 44 listed contributors, we have a whopping 2 videos uploaded. Lets make this happen.

I hear you. I am not going to have the opportunity to brew while doing this, so I'm working hard to think of decent ways to shoot the clips, besides just my ugly mug talking.

At the most, I'll be a few days late.

Hello All,

I just looked at the list again. Edcculus and I are already both assigned to lines 85 and 90. So I would only be additionally picking up lines 26, 47, and 69.

As long as everyone is OK with that...I'm just taking the initiative here. I thought it would be simpler to volunteer than to reassign and distribute the lines. Any objections?

-Tripod

Tripod, thats fine with me, but I'm not in charge!

Caspio:Like I said earlier, my camera crapped out and I won't be able to film. Sorry. I'd really like to participate, but I'm going to have to sit this one out.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's going to be shooting this weekend. I hope everyone else on the list can make the shots they signed up for. This could be a really cool project if it all comes together.

I am going to film some of mine from the top of a mountain that I am climbing until Tuesday, so I will try and upload on Wednesday or Thursday if that works.

Looks like we have 6 or 7 people with uploaded videos. Keep it up, people!

Excited to see the results!

And so far, I've been able to play back everything. Some don't have the most stellar audio, but nothing that's so bad I wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back