Hello from Wyobraska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am new to the forum and would like to say hi.

I am a Lutheran Pastor in the western Nebraska panhandle. The climate here allows for cool dry comfortable evenings almost year round, perfect for an evening pint and stogie. My wife and I both love beer and home-brewing.

We have not brewed in a while but I am eager to get a new batch going. Because we are still somewhat inexperienced, I was thinking about going back to a simple English bitter. My wife wants to try to emulate Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

I look forward to "hopping" into the forum.

:mug:

Welcome to the forum! I've never made a chocolate stout but that does sound good!

Look around and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Again, welcome. :mug:

Welcome to HBT from down in Colorado! :mug:

You are the second, that I know of, pastor here at HBT. BrewPastor lives down in New Mexico.
Both the English bitter and the chocolate stout sound good to me.:rockin:

I grew up in Bayard, NE and still consider the panhandle my home. My son is considering the LCMS seminary in St. Louis in a couple of years and have has some great discussions concerning Martin Luther and his life. Wouldn't it have been a 'hoot' to have done a batch of homebrew with him?

Good to have you in the forum. I've never done a stout but I am contemplating an English Special Bitter. Let us know what you pick.

God Bless

I read your footnote, quote from Martin Luther, to my father-in-law who is a retired LCMS pastor and he finished it before I was done reading it! :mug:

Nice to see another Nebraskan on this board. I haven't been here too long but it sure is an iteresting place. Hope to see you around!

Back