Heineken mini keg mod?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corycorycory09

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these mini kegs that heineken sells?

Forbes_1015_p072_f3.gif

Do you think it would be possible to mod this to hold homebrew?

I've tried the Heineken one once and the Newcastle one a couple times. It's been a while, but I don't remember seeing any way these could readily be reused by a homebrewer. These things are disposable by design, after all.

I'd sure love to see someone more resourceful than myself prove me wrong, though.

I dont know why anyone would drink Heineken in the first place. Unless those people enjoy overpaying for skunked beer.

I remember using one of the Coors mini kegs to carb and serve some of my first home brew. Im not sure if they still sell them. It was basically an obese 2 liter with a screw on pour head with one of those 16 gram co2 cartridges. Just empty the keg, sanitize, fill and add a new cartridge.
Coors-Light-Draft1.jpg

I know there are mods for some of these kegs. If you search the site (better yet, Google this site and "Heinekin Keg") you might find instructions. Basically, it would probably be easier and cheaper in the long run to buy a 2.5 gallon keg and be done with it, in my opinion. :)

I remember using one of the Coors mini kegs to carb and serve some of my first home brew. Im not sure if they still sell them. It was basically an obese 2 liter with a screw on pour head with one of those 16 gram co2 cartridges. Just empty the keg, sanitize, fill and add a new cartridge.
View attachment 259643

Anyone know if they still sell these? This looks promising!

Anyone know if they still sell these? This looks promising!

Nope. The Tap-a-draft system is the same thing (they licensed the concept to Coors) and still sold. I like my tap-a-draft and use it for travel. I normally force carb in keg then transfer to the TaD or naturally carb in the TaD bottle (get the metal caps if you do).

The bottles are not expensive but the tap is not exactly cheap but not unreasonable. The problem is that the tap is not that excellent. The over-pressure valve will stick open if/when it gets tripped.

the only problem is you have to get through the 1.5g of coors light to get to use it for good beer..I guess you could marinate a couple tri tips

I dont know why anyone would drink Heineken in the first place. Unless those people enjoy overpaying for skunked beer.

Before you get all weird, drink a Heinie out of this or out of a can. Totally different beer when not in the green bottle.
Plus. Some of us actually like skunky beer.

Back