Have you picked your New Years Eve beer yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smccarter

Reaction score
I purchased a Fullers Vintage Ale - says it's a bottle conditioned barley wine brewed in 2012. Can't wait to crack this one open at midnight, Jan 1, 2015.

Taking my 2013 Goose Island BCBCS to a party... will drink that one as the year changes over.

I'm also taking lots of my homebrew Lime Hefe and Two Mo's Pale Ale for others to enjoy during the party...

Might sound like a copt out but Woodchuck's Hopsation hopped cider has been at the top of my list lately. Wish it wasn't as sweet, as I like my cider drier, but still pretty tasty. So I'll be grabbing a couple six packs of that for sure.

Probably headed to the in-laws for new years so more than likely take a pint each of my homemade rumtopf, apple pie and peach cobbler as well.

My 11.5% Belgian dark strong ale that FINALLY is ready and carbonated. I am gonna crack open a 22oz bottle and pour it in a giant mug and that's all I'll need for like, the first hour and a half of the night (starting at 4:00pm when I get done with work).

Hey if I'm gonna wake up on New Year's Day and not have to work, I'm gonna wake up with a hangover and treat it with cucumber vodka bloody Mary's and (Extra Brown)ESBs. New Years is one of the couple holidays I well and truly cut loose.

Probably gonna be between a Westvleteren 8 or a Struise Brouwjers Pannepot 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll be on the road to Oregon to visit my brother-in-law, so no beer NYE. Tonight I'll be cracking my last 2009 Abyss and hoping it isn't one of the infected ones.

I have nothing special at the moment except for a LOT of tasty homebrew I have to consume/give away. Big 8.5% IPA with 21oz of hops in it is going to get me into the new year

I'll be on the road to Oregon to visit my brother-in-law, so no beer NYE. Tonight I'll be cracking my last 2009 Abyss and hoping it isn't one of the infected ones.

Nope, infected. Drain pour. Cleansed my palate with 2011 KBS.

I have 2 bottles of Boon Olde Gueze and 1 bottle of Boon Kriek that are planned for drinking on NYE. All 750 ml bottles.

A sad holiday story.

It was disappointing, to be sure. However, it was the only one out of the 4 bottles I had originally that ended up infected, so at least there's that. Plus that's when they used to go for $13 a bottle instead of the $17 they are now.

Nothing fancy, but I just brewed 5 gal of a belgian wit that is slated for a New Years party. It's carbonating in the keg as we speak.

Nothing, I'll have work on NYE and New Years Day. I doubt that my wife and I will even make it to midnight. Not too worried, I usually don't need an excuse to drink good beer

Getting growlers from 3 local breweries for people to enjoy at my party. Thinking the lucky beers will be Blue Stallion Dunkel, Country Boy Couger Bait, and a beer to be named later from Ethereal brewing (they are brand new, so I'm going to get a sampler and fill a growler with the one I like best).

My original clone of "Old Speckled Hen" is kegged and ready...
My original recipe for "Krampus Christmas Ale" is kegged and ready...
In my fridge is "Ommegang King of Thrones Valar Morghulis", "Sam Adams Stoney Brook Red" and "Two Roads Holiday Ale".

Oh yeah, there is some Bud Light in there, too.

I should be all set!

I have two batches of homebrew bottled and ready to drink, but I should have kept this hobby a secret.

I'm chilling a sixer of each for a party we're having, and once those are gone... NO BEER FOR YOU!

Well, beer that I made anyway.

The wife will want to drink cantillon gueuze for sure. Have a couple friends who are into sour beer coming over as well so we'll probably get after it in my cellar.

They won't be coming empty handed either.

I got a big bottle of Switchback unfiltered Ale,
And a Sierra Nevada Snow Pack!

Wife and I picked up a 750 of new glarus serendipity. Probably will drink it around 9 and hit the hay. Small children have no idea that new years day is for sleeping in.

Wife and I picked up a 750 of new glarus serendipity. Probably will drink it around 9 and hit the hay. Small children have no idea that new years day is for sleeping in.

I am letting my little ones try to stay up to midnight.
They think midnight is some magical hour.
Which means the family will be asleep on the couch by 11 pm, while I am drinking beer in a rocking chair watching Phish's Webcast!

We're pawning ours off on the grandparents... they also have no idea that New Years Day carries with it a decibel limit of 30 for the entire day.

I'll pull something from the sour reserves, either my kriek, a bottle of Cantillon Gueuze, or some Tilquin Gueuze. If my general experience holds true most of my guests will opt for cheap terrible sparkling wine.

I have a keg of Regal Pale Ale on the gas for New Year's Eve.

Already started with a stone ruination, followed by new holland mad hatter. Not sure what the rest of the evening holds.

I just cracked a Monks Cafe flemish sour ale, I'll probably go to my bombers of Duvel clone, followed by some of my dark belgian strong. Champagne to ring it in, then a glass of knob creek to help me sleep.:drunk:

Back