Great Books/Sites/Videos on Yeast Microbiology?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schoepp24

Reaction score
I majored in Microbiology in college and, like many I'm sure, I did not use the knowledge of my degree for much of my current profession. I do, however, still find the topic very interesting! I'm looking for a few books and other media types that go into the very scientific processes involving yeast cultivation, breeding, and brewing.
Hopefully without sounding snooty, I'm not really looking for stuff that gives generalities (ex. these are yeast, this is why they ferment, this is what they look like)...I know that stuff. I'd really be interested to hear about how breweries modify fungal strains, or what metabolic processes can be modified for brewing, even histories for yeast cultivation. I'm sure there's stuff out there, but you all are the info gurus.
Cheers!

The only book I can think of off hand is "Yeast" by Chris White and Jamil Zainasheff. If that's not technical enough, there are lots of white papers on the 'net... google by topic.

Latest posts

Back