• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Gas HERMS HLT, Blichmann Stuff, Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello, up for sale are several items that I have kept as my spare brewing setup. I am re-configuring some things, paying off repiping my house and am limited on space so I need to get these things out of my garage. Everything was stored cleanly, covered in my garage when not in use and owned by me since new. If you are interested in the camlock fittings currently attached to anything, there will be price adjustments depending on what you need.

10 Gallon HERMS HLT - $200​

This is a bit custom but has worked fantastically for me. The kettle is an Update International 10 gallon stainless pot (originally purchased for $100) with 3 ply bottom. It is induction ready. I have added a 50’ x 1/2” stainless coil from Stainless Brewing (purchased for $100) and it fits perfectly, allowing use of the lid and some space under it. I also added compression/bulkhead fittings to secure the coil from Stainless Brewing ($17 x 2 value). I then added four ball valves ($10 each). Everything is stainless. Since last brew day, the coil has been flushed with boiling water, then a cycle of hot PBW, then more boiling water, then filtered tap water. It’s ready to go for next brew day, with no leaks. If you purchase the Tower of Power controller, you will also receive the T fitting connected to it as the sensor for the TOP is within that T. I will include the heat shields if you would like them.

IMG_2025.jpg

Blichmann Floor Burner - $100​

Has been used and has seen some boilovers but is otherwise in great working order. If you purchase the Tower of Power unit, it will include the solenoid and igniter. Otherwise it will just be the burner.

IMG_2030.jpg

Blichmann Tower of Power Gas Controller - $350​

These are getting tougher to get but this is what made gas HERMS possible for me, and did an amazing job at locking in mash temp while recirculating. If you set your mash temp on here to 3 degrees F higher than you’re aiming for (for example, 155F to keep 152F), it will maintain it perfectly for the duration of your mash without fussing with anything at all. This is a joy to use and if you’re currently manually controlling your mash temp with a gas setup, this is an absolute game changer. One note is that the temperature sensor that comes with the unit has been installed into a T fitting where it will stay. I don’t think you can remove it (the manual says not to). I have also taped off the notification beep speaker because it is god awfully loud. You can still hear it but imagine the db level of a smoke detector. I’ve brought it down to more microwave db beep levels by taping over it, which is a common method people use to tone it down a bit. You of course can undo this by removing the tape if you’d like to anger your neighbors with beeping sounds every 2-3 minutes. Will include also include the igniter, igniter wiring, solenoid, solenoid wiring and ground wire.

IMG_2031.jpg

Gas HERMS Package Deal - $600 (save $50)​

Run the exact setup I used to maintain mash temps, complete with the HLT HERMS setup, Blichmann Floor Burner and TOP controller (everything in the below photo including camlocks):

IMG_2024.jpg

Chugger Pump - SOLD​

$500 in Ss Brewtech Gift Cards - $425​

Reference my other thread here: For Sale - $500 in Ss Brewtech gift cards

Please contact me with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Last edited:
Updated price on the package deal. Reduced by an additional $50. Save $100 by purchasing the package. I am also now open to shipping anything. Please inquire if interested!

All PM replied. If you have any interest in the package items but not the whole package, please feel free to PM.

Pump is sold. Open to selling individual items, please reach out with any questions.

Blichmann kettle is sold.

Price lowered on the TOP controller.

I am interested in picking up a gas HLT controller, are you interested in selling your separate? If so, how much would you want for it?

Newbie on here so I am unable to PM but I am interested in buying your HLT controller. I was wondering what you want for it shipped to me?

Back