Gallons of cider made 2022

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another gallon from "Under the Table Cidery" lol

110.5 + 1 = 111.5

20220302_084908.jpg

Keg from January just kicked.
Swapped the keg out, tossed in 5 gallons of fresh juice and clipped on the spunding valve. (Lavlin lees)
5 Gallons started on 4/30:

151.5 + 5 = 156.5

Completed and consumed 1 gallon from apple juice + 0.7 lbs of honey with Cider House Select Yeast (half still, half bottle conditioned)
Currently have 1 gallon fermenting of CranPineApple + 0.8 lbs white sugar + nutrient with repitched yeast.

176.5 + 2 = 178.5

178.5 + 6 = 184.5

Great Value (Wal-Mart - product of Moldava) juice with S-04. Previous batch (post #37) was Great Value juice with D47 slurry harvested from a tropical wine.

1G on simple cider made with fresh pressed juice and wine yeast, fermented bone dry at 12%ABV currently aging in bottles.

184.5+1= 185.5

What was your attenuation and final abv?
With cider, my attenuation has always been 100% regardless of the yeast used. There really aren't any significant amounts of complex sugars in apple juice. I usually add white sugar to up the abv, targeting from 8% to 11%.

With cider, my attenuation has always been 100% regardless of the yeast used. There really aren't any significant amounts of complex sugars in apple juice. I usually add white sugar to up the abv, targeting from 8% to 11%.
Well I intend to use honey instead of white table sugar.
White sugar gives a very rough alcohol taste.

I want to put 1kg of honey in 9 litres of cider. Does that sound silly?
Not at all. It's just harder to predict what will happen with honey because the source of the sugars (what blossoms the bees visit) is variable. There is honey in one of the commercial ciders I like and that doesn't ferment dry. Don't know if that's because of the type of honey (star thistle) or technique the cidery uses that I haven't run across.

Not at all. It's just harder to predict what will happen with honey because the source of the sugars (what blossoms the bees visit) is variable. There is honey in one of the commercial ciders I like and that doesn't ferment dry. Don't know if that's because of the type of honey (star thistle) or technique the cidery uses that I haven't run across.
Well I want it to be little sweeter with honey and apple taste not completely dry.

1G on simple cider made with fresh pressed juice and wine yeast, fermented bone dry at 12%ABV currently aging in bottles.

184.5+1= 185.5
4.25 gallons of SBAJ with 1 lb of brown sugar and 1lb of granulated sugar which may or may not have ended up as 1.5 gallons of Jack.

185.5+4.25=189.75

1 gallon filtered apple cider juice + 1 quart mashed blueberries + 0.75 lbs sugar + nutrient and repitched yeast.
Just put this together tonight.

195 + 1 = 196

On an aside, my already tallied batch of CranPineApple cider got racked to secondary but about 12 oz wouldn't fit. Drank it all and it was fruity and pleasant, even being so young.

Just started 1 gallon with apple juice, 1 lb white sugar, repitched yeast, and nutient. My plan is to dry hop and then bottle condition this batch.

196 + 1 = 197

After a ten year hiatus from brewing (exclusively beer), I am one week in to my first cidering. Store-bought pressed juice with 1.25lb of raw unfiltered honey using Cuvee. Hydrated yeast, added tannin, pectic enzyme, and nutrient at pitch. Juice to bring it to five gallons, because, why not? Had fermentation starting within twelve hours, and went from an OG of 1.065 to 1.000 in five days. Entering my third day of stable gravity and seeing some signs of clarification. Will be racking to the secondary next weekend for a bit of settling and conditioning ahead of bottling.

So...

197 + 5 = 202

Three more x 5 litres = 3.5 gallons... "Graham's English Cider" with Granny Smith and Pink Lady, "Red Delicious" with Red Delicious, Ballerina and Wild Apples, "Premium" with Cox's Orange Pippin, Wild Apples and Crimson Knight Crabs.

202+3.5=205.5

Three more x 5 litres = 3.5 gallons... "Graham's English Cider" with Granny Smith and Pink Lady, "Red Delicious" with Red Delicious, Ballerina and Wild Apples, "Premium" with Cox's Orange Pippin, Wild Apples and Crimson Knight Crabs.

202+3.5=205.5
Really jealous about that "Premium". Love me some Cox's Orange Pippin... wish I could still find them here.

I've been lurking, on and off, here for years and homebrewing for years before I found this place. Never really bothered to register. I registered only because I wanted to help bump these numbers up a bit.

Just bottle 5 gallons of Apfelwein. I finished 1 gallon of cider. I have also finished a half gallon of mixed fruit wine, there's apple in it so I'm counting it. I have a couple other small batches going, but I'm not going to count a cider before it's finished.

205.5 + 5 + 1 + 0.5 = 212

Keg in the keezer bottomed out just now. So I swapped in a fully fermented keg, and tossed 9 x 2-quart containers of Aldi's juice onto the yeast and clipped on a spunding valve. (Sorrry for the 1/2 value - with 4.5 gallons plus the lees it didn't look to me as though another 1/2 gallon bottle of juice would fit into the keg without hitting up against the gas in tube. I'll be sure to make up the .5 balance on the next batch!)

212 + 4.5 = 216.5

Just threw together a gallon of apple juice plus 2.5 lbs of crushed red grapes. Hoping this comes out as an easy drinker.

216.5 + 1 = 217.5

5 gallon batch:
Start date: 1/17/22
Juice: 4.5 gals, generic, 1.050
FAJC: (4) 12 oz cans, 24 oz total sugar
Wyeast wine nute blend: 1/2 tsp.
(1) pack Nottingham sprinkled in.
SG: 1.065

Also just bottled a 3 gallon batch of Edworts apfelwein per original recipe on 6/14/22.

So... 219.5 + 5 = 224.5

If the apfelwein counts, then 224.5 + 3 = 227.5 gallons.

Ibrew2

5 gallon batch:
Start date: 1/17/22
Juice: 4.5 gals, generic, 1.050
FAJC: (4) 12 oz cans, 24 oz total sugar
Wyeast wine nute blend: 1/2 tsp.
(1) pack Nottingham sprinkled in.
SG: 1.065

Also just bottled a 3 gallon batch of Edworts apfelwein per original recipe on 6/14/22.

So... 219.5 + 5 = 224.5

If the apfelwein counts, then 224.5 + 3 = 227.5 gallons.

Ibrew2

The apfelwine counts.

Just finished a small 1.5 gallon batch. I've been doing a bunch of smaller batches lately. I have started some more stuff, but I'm not going to count it until it's bottled. I think that's the idea here. No point in counting a cider until you're done with it.

227.5 + 1.5 = 229

Haven't posted for months. Just moved and could not really concentrate on wine and cider for 6 months. Left behind my orchard and will be using bottle apple instead of home grown. Have access to lots of fresh peaches.
Making up for lost time

I have 13 batches going at once. Black current cider Cherry cider mixed berry cider apple cider cran apple cider peach jalapeno cider peach wine plum wine blackberry plum wine peach Mead pair with warm spice cider blackberry pear cider peach raspberry wine.total 47 gallons229 + 47

F
Peach jalapeño cider? I'm intrigued...
First time making it. 3gallon batch. Added 12 halved jalapeno in primary and could taste both pepper flavor and heat. Will taste at racking into secondary and add more if necessary.

Back