Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldnt drop them off at the beer shop. alot of alcoholics work there. they would be much safer at my place.

:D
yeah been there,done that

A few years ago I dropped some beer off at the daytona LHBS, beer we brought back from Belgium and take a guess what happen.

The other owner drank all the beer :p before his buddy came back on monday.

Funny how those things happen.

At least you managed to get it to the LHBS. I would have probably drank it before I could get it there.

Chris, I'm gonna hit up Uhaul before brewday.

they charge 3.62 dollar per gallon of propane, they charge what they fill. so for a fully empty tank, it's still cheaper than going to home depot.

this being because tanks can handle 4.73 gallons of propane, at 3.62 per gallon for 17.12 altogether whereas at homedepot it's 18 for a not very filled fill.

I think I'll do that from now on. no more getting scared.

sure, bring some beers by. I'm working Saturday.

Yup, Sunday at my place. Don't know what time yet.

Witnessed a wreck last night while on my way to the shop to get some stuff for a starter a little after 11pm. Then came home and had 3 boil overs while making said starter. I've never had a boil over. ever.

Im thinking we get started earlier than the last brew simply because I dont wanna be there till 9 again. I wanna be able to go home at say, 7 start fermenting and then come back without worrying about fermentation

Im thinking we roll out the ingredients and stuff at like 10

hopefully start the first boil by 1 oclock

ed you brewing?

Man I wanna brew too, but I need to make sure I've got the space freed up. My Graff Hurry up and finish fermenting. Its been over a week and there's still some bubbling.

I guess I could leave a new batch in the no-chill for a week or two.

I'll be there Felipe, but not brewing, I don't have a propane set up or anything like that. I'll try and bring hef version 2.0 by if I can get some CO2 in it, but my tank is empty.

well

keep it nice and cool, then we can shake it to hell at 30-50psi at chris' and wait a couple of hours while we mash then we should be ok

Me either, I ended up going to the beach with the gf. Hope all went well. I think I will be brewing this Saturday, maybe. Hey Yambor do you all grain or extract or what?

The APA has the nicest white krausen I've ever seen.

pitched the Amber last night about 1am and it's at 70* now fermenting. apa is 63. (getting the amber down with some ice in the cooler)

it was an awesome day! lots of messups but I think in the end the remaining 15 gallons of a 24 gallon brew are gonna be awesome

So any comments about my beer?:D
Good? bad? omg somebody had to be rushed to the hospital after a sip:mug:

Little hint:
3 beers had a flaw , 2 flaws within style with one totally wrong.

1 beer was 2.5yrs old
1 beer was 14months old
1 beer was weeks old
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The other three beers varied from 1yr to 9 months.

So any comments about my beer?:D
Good? bad? omg somebody had to be rushed to the hospital after a sip:mug:

Little hint:
3 beers had a flaw , 2 flaws within style with one totally wrong.

1 beer was 2.5yrs old
1 beer was 14months old
1 beer was weeks old
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The other three beers varied from 1yr to 9 months.

I only got samples for about half of them, but from what I remember:

The Citra Ale was quite good, with lots of the unique "weediness" of the Citra-hop coming through. But I like Citra - not everyone does.

The Barleywine was a little under-attenuated and under-hopped - it seemed very sweet, but would be perfectly acceptable as a dessert/sipping beer. I would guess that this was one of the older beers.

I also had the fall IPA, which tasted more like a Pale Ale to me (judging by its name, it's a few months old, so that might explain the hops having faded. I think this one was supposed to have been dry-hopped with Simcoe, which I didn't really perceive.

I didn't have the Saison, but people who liked the style said that it was exactly what they were looking for in a Saison. The Blonde was also fairly well-received.

The Citra Ale was quite good

Smelled like dirty dishwater, I totally F`d the water.

The Barleywine was a little under-attenuated and under-hopped - it seemed very sweet, but would be perfectly acceptable as a dessert/sipping beer. I would guess that this was one of the older beers.

2.5yrs old
SG 1.102 -->FG 1.029 --> IBU 134.2

I also had the fall IPA, which tasted more like a Pale Ale to me (judging by its name, it's a few months old, so that might explain the hops having faded. I think this one was supposed to have been dry-hopped with Simcoe, which I didn't really perceive.

14months old
SG 1.066 --> IBU 54.3 no simcoe
Chinook
Centennial
Cascade

I didn't have the Saison, but people who liked the style said that it was exactly what they were looking for in a Saison. The Blonde was also fairly well-received.

Those beers(FrenchAles) are dead-on for each style and none used WhiteLabs or Wyeast as I used yeast recultured from beers brought back from Belgium.

I'll have to drop off more beers:mug:

Yup, I pretty much agree with ArcaneXor. The Blonde was very good as was the Citra. I hate Citra if it's used for anything other than aroma, so I was a little biased towards that one. The barley wine was REALLY sweet. I also hate Saisons but yours was spot on.

I really appreciate you bringing those by. We all had a good time taking samples and talking about each beer.

I was still tired from yesterday today. My fermentation fridge went out and went I woke up this morning it was 70 in the house. Should put my beer around 78F. Nice. Had Sarah put a fan on them. I took Jason's stuff back to him tonight and broke the news to him about his thermometer. Pun intended. I was suppose to stop and pick up the pizza we ordered afterwards. I kept telling Sarah there was no "stopping by" with Jason but insisted that I pick up the pizza anyway. Left my phone in the car and by the time I called her back she was on the way to get it and was pissed. I warned her.

I also took my fermenters over there and put them in his fermentation fridge. They both smell amazing.

it does smell good.

get a fridge.

plus Ive seen some free on craigslist. I just dont have a truck or the space for a fullsize...

Hey Houblon, as one of the few people there who enjoys french beers, I gotta say those were great.

Chris, how is it that every time you have a big brew day something seems to f up your beers?

Glad people liked the beers.

I would have stayed longer but you were busy & I had a beer mashing at home and the clock was ticking.

The 3 beers with flaws-->>
barleywine = oxidation
ipa = oxidation
citra - F`d water
-------------------
I agree citra hop is best used for aroma as it has a real bite that just lingers.
Citra recipe>> LINK

howd you oxidate two beers?

add a tiny pinch of oxygen + time and you'll get oxidation.

The fact nobody said anything tells me its minor but to me its overpowering, its one of those things that once you notice it thats all you can taste in those beers.

I go as far as to purge carboys/kegs with CO2 before adding the beer to avoid oxidation but givening enough time it will start to effect the beer.

Dudes I totally f*cked up my eye right before I left. Ran into some moss hanging down on the big oak tree out front and got a "corneal abrasion." Chris, tell your tree that I'll be seeing it in The People's Court. Spent about an hour in the ER after I left your place. I can barely see to type right now but its WAY better than it was yesterday.

Back