Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds awsome. Arcane. My guinness wanna be is chugging away. I am pretty optimistic about it as well.

Not to give off the wrong impression, I've made many cream ales and they are always good beer... just not too complicated.

Yeah I'm brewing this one pretty much just to have an easy drinker for St Patrick's Day. I'm thinking that any flavor in there will drop out between now and then :(

heard about your mishaps chris. what happened?

the infections?

came home and glanced at the porter in the carboy. looked odd and was condensation on the inside. i then screamed a bunch of obscenities that sent the animals into hiding. so i quickly kegged it. just out of curiosity i checked on my other beer in primary, my extract stout, and it got hit, too. So I kegged it up as well. I was so pissed. I don't know what happened. They've just been sitting there for almost 2 months!

took a sample of the porter yesterday. i didn't get any hint of infection. but we'll see.

I dont got much time tomorrow.

besides there's a recipe from last summer that people want us to remake so we gotta do it at some point

it was a fat tire clone but honestly, it just tasted like a sweet amber. people freaking loved it. the keg was gone so fast. alex and I brewed 3 kegs and they were all gone by the end of the day, but this particular one was gone incredibly fast.

Brewing tonight gents! Sort of kind of like that Nuptual recipe at Hoggtowne. Left a few ingredients out. Its a partial grain. Damn glass top electric stove takes forever to get to a boil. Have to get my turkey fryer burner back from the neighbor.

that's a good recipe, pick. knowing Jason (his recipe) i've drank a lot of that beer. he had 20 gallons of it and just ran out. He brewed 5 gallons last weekend.

what's crazy about that beer is the simcoe. it's only dry hopped but to me was the dominant flavor.

Hmmm, my OG only came out to 1.03 and some change. 6.6 lbs of LME, 1 cup dextrose and 2 lb of grain. Should have been 1.045 or something like that. Eh, first time I've brewed in 6 years, a little rusty.

those cans of extract are about 25 gravity points each. so it should be higher than that. did you end up with the correct volume at the end of the boil?

also, I think the dextrose was suppose to be used at bottling time.

i just tried to bottle harvest some pacman from a chocolate stout. i hope it works. anyone else tried to bottle harvest pacman? any luck?

Chris has tradition, likes enhanced flavors and values integrity.

Just scored a kegerator off Craigslist today. It's just a small apartment fridge, but it had the tap installed, came with a like new CO2 regulator and a 20# FULL CO2 tank!!!! Beer line has some black caca in it, so it will have to be replaced if I can't get it clean. Needs a drip tray. Will hold 2, maybe 3 cornies.

Just scored a kegerator off Craigslist today. It's just a small apartment fridge, but it had the tap installed, came with a like new CO2 regulator and a 20# FULL CO2 tank!!!! Beer line has some black caca in it, so it will have to be replaced if I can't get it clean. Needs a drip tray. Will hold 2, maybe 3 cornies.

Great score indeed!

i wouldnt bother cleaning it. just replace it. beer line is cheap and its not worth contaminating your beer for a couple bucks.

i dont know if you need cornies or not but if you want to to a group buy let me know. i could use an extra one and it would be cheaper for us both to buy in bulk.

Matt, yes I am interested. I only have one Corny Keg. Would like to get a couple more. Someone said you need at least 20-50.:mug:

The one keg I do have is a Hoff-Stevens type connector, so I really don't care if the new ones are pin or ball lock.

Back