Frigidaire mini fridge kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czerewko

Reaction score
Just picked up a Frigidaire 4.4 Cu. Ft. minifridge from Lowes for $170 out the door (I gotta downsize my massive freezer kegerator to make room.) I was wondering if any of you have experience with drilling a tap tower for one of these. It fits two corny's nicely once the thermostat is taken off and it looks very sleek.

Only problem i foresee may be that it has a removable full size freezer tray that i took out to fit the corny's. Does the freezer indicate there are a lot of coolant lines on top of the unit?

Linky to the fridge

Usually the cooling lines run through the freezer tray. Likely the lines do run though the top, but you could always do the corn starch/vodka trick to find the lines.

yeah cornstarch and vodka was in the plan, but i didn't want to remove the plastic protection on the top in case i return it. Oh well.

The freezer tray was removed and definitely had no lines running through it...plus the ceiling of the fridge is cold to touch in a number of areas so im assuming there are coolant lines running through it. thanks.

czerewko...

What did you find? I am currently trying to find a mini-fridge to convert and this one looks like it might work...

ahh sorry guys. Been real busy with grad school. I ended up returning it as it seemed like there were coolant lines running through the top. I'm on a very limited budget (again, grad school) and I didn't feel like taking a risk. Let me know if anyone gets this one to work and how. Thanks.

I have this same fridge and ran two taps off of it. I have a half finished tutorial posted here for the build. I will be posting the rest of the build once I upload the pics off my camera. Search the model number and you should find the tutorial here somewhere.

Back