FotHB III: Coatee-cha tu yub nub!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone is in for a treat this round.

Attachments

• 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180126133400213_COVER.jpg
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180126133400213_COVER.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 92
Looks almost like a gose, but it drinks more like a gosale (gose-ale). A little tart, some raspberry and hibiscus come through, a little bitter, and a little ever-so-slight tinge of sourness. Score!

Attachments

• 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180126133434784_COVER.jpg
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180126133434784_COVER.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 93
Ok sorry guys, I have been distracted by another project. I say lets get the show on the road, I am going to give it two more weeks to see if anyone else shows up. So that means you guys need to PM me your offers by 2/11. I will edit the first post to show this, as far as the rest of the timeline I will figure it out soon.:D

Last edited:
Ok sorry guys, I have been distracted by another project. I say lets get the show on the road, I am going to give one more week to see if anyone else shows up. So that means you guys need to PM me your offers by 2/04. I will edit the first post to show this, as far as the rest of the timeline I will figure it out soon.:D

Any objections for adding 1 more week before the offers are due?

@PianoMan said I should join so I’ll give it a shot. The only problem is I leave for vacation in just over a week and won’t be back until mid-February. I’ll bottle some of my beers I have fermenting now for this if I can participate this time around.

OP please feel free to PM me what you need from me. Cheers!

@PianoMan said I should join so I’ll give it a shot. The only problem is I leave for vacation in just over a week and won’t be back until mid-February. I’ll bottle some of my beers I have fermenting now for this if I can participate this time around.

OP please feel free to PM me what you need from me. Cheers!

Welcome aboard, just pm me your offer when you have it ready. We are keeping this open for a couple more weeks and then probably another week before we pick so no worries
about the time. We do a random order pick list at that time so if your around you get to pick or if you can check in after the 12th and make a pick list I will pick the highest on your list for you on your turn. Otherwise you get what you get.

Mmmmmmmm session love!!

Hands down my favorite beer I made. It doesn't have much sediment (crazy concept, eh?), clear as purple-clear is expected, tart, dry, bitter, sweet, and packed with floral (yeah, you read that right) aromas and flavor. AND it is a day drinker at about 3% ABV.

I don't like sharing, lol.

Ok I have updated the list of participants, and we need more! Make some noise guys, tell all your brewing buddies, send smoke signals or something, lets get this out there.

Not ready for this round. Don't think I can scrounge up enough ready to go beers that I think are share worthy. Next round I think I'd like to join for real though. I have a tripel in the pipeline, and then maybe something hoppy after it.

Once I have all the offers in I will generate the pick order and post both in here. We are waiting on
@jerbrew
@Thorrak
@GaBrewZoo

The deadline is the 11th so we have a few more days, maybe we will get a couple more to join? Still time folks jump in and join us.
:tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank:

I know some of you are probably in the current FotD trade so would it be better to do our pick on the same as over there or the following week. I am thinking about doing our pick on the 24th or 25. Whatchall think?

Last edited:
I know some of you are probably in the current FotD trade so would it be better too do our pick on the same as over there or the following week. I am thinking about doing our pick on the 24th or 25. Whatchall think?

I would prefer being able to ship the same day for FotD and FotHB, but that's just me.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!
@jerbrew
@Dade0
@TwistedGray
@fourfarthing
@Thorrak
@PianoMan
@pshankstar
@GaBrewZoo

Fellowship of the Drink - FotHB III: Coatee-cha tu yub nub!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
All Offers This Round:

Active Participants with Offers:

JDXX1971

JDXX1971's offer:
Chocolate Porter 6.5%
Milk Chocolate Stout 4.5%
Brown Ale 4.9%
Wee Heavier 8.2%
Currant Cider ?

PianoMan

PianoMan's offer:
Bomber: Dubbel. 6.5%
Bomber: Chocolate Stout. 7%
Bomber: Gin Lime Gose. 5%
Bomber: Cherry/Raspberry Tart Ale made with WL644. 5.5%
12oz: Bourbon Barrel (Balcones Distillery out of Waco) Russian Imperial Stout, 10.8%

fourfarthing

fourfarthing's offer:
Oatmeal Stout,
Spiced Winter Warmer,
Winter Warmer,
Robust Porter

TwistedGray

TwistedGray's offer:
Blue Balls Session Pale Ale (~3% ABV) - a basic pale ale using nugget, centennial, amarillo, and comet hops. I added about two pounds of flash frozen blueberries to the secondary.
Russian High Life Session Pale Ale (~3% ABV) - same pale ale as noted above except this sat on some Russian black tea (caffeinated) in the secondary. I have not had this one myself because caffeine messes with my stomach nowadays, but I really liked the tea when I still drank black tea.
Roo's Tea Biscuit Session Pale Ale (~3% ABV) - same pale ale as noted above except this sat on some Rooibos herbal, red tea (non-caffeinated) in the secondary. If you like herbal, somewhat Earthy tea you will enjoy this one.
Strawberry Rhubarb Wheat (~5%) - I forget the hops used in this one, but it's a pretty basic wheat beer. In the secondary I added both frozen strawberries and rhubarb.
Raspberry Mint Wheat (~5%) - I forget the hops used in this one, but it's a pretty basic wheat beer. In the secondary I added homegrown raspberries and a select variety of super potent mint that I also grow.
Hibiscus Pale Ale (~3% ABV) - same pale ale as noted above except this sat on hibiscus petals which adds some high levels are bitterness depending on how long you keep it on the petals. I leave mine on for several days and offset the bitterness with alcohol sugar. This is one of my favorite beers that I've made.

jerbrew

jerbrew's offer:
1. Chocolate Rye Porter V.3 (Brewed)
2. Pomegranate Cider (Packaged)
3. Hibiscus Cider (Fermented, need to package)
4. NEIPA with Galaxy, Mosaic, and Citra (Planned brew on 2/17 for event on March 10)
5. Dark Saison (Planned Brew on 2/17 for event on March 10)
6. Dark Saison with red wine wine soaked French oak chips (planned brew on 2/17)

Thorrak

Thorrak's offer:
Attempt #1 - NE IPA
Why Not? - Grisette
Bourbon Chips are Magic - Russian Imperial Stout
Balaton Cherry Melomel (very creatively named)

I'm also going to include a small DIY project for the adventurous homebrewer. Recommended for someone who is comfortable with electricity (but doesn't have to be comfortable with soldering).

GaBrewZoo

GaBrewZoo's offer:
Honey Saison - When I brewed last year, this it was just a Saison with honey in it, with a bit of farmhouse character. The last month or so, some of the farmhouse character has mellowed out and the honey is really coming through. 7.5%

Amber Ale - This one is a standard I make for my wife. Maris Otter, Munich, Honey malt, and a little caramel with Columbus hops. 6%

Wheat/Rye - Originally made for my daughters wedding. 50% 2row, 33% wheat, 17% rye, light hopping. Great summer beer. 4.5%

NEIPA - 2row, munich, flaked oats, oat milk, looks very muddy. Very small bittering addition, ONE POUND of hops split between whirlpool and two dry hops. Citra, Amarillo, Warrior, Zythos. Made this after tasting @imasickboy. 7.2%

Maybe a stout if I can get it in the bottle with enough carbonation. It is on nitro now, and I haven't been able to fill a bottle without it being flat. But it has chocolate, vanilla, and coffee. At first you couldn't taste the chocolate, all you could taste was the coffee. Now it has balanced out and is really tasty. 6.8%

DadeO

DadeO's offer:
Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout
Forgein Extra Stout
Cider
Cyser
Hefeweisen
Cream Ale

pshankstar

pshankstar's offer:
NEIPA
Graff
Coffee Stout
Cider

Last edited:
Here is the pick order fresh out of the randomizer.

1. jerbrew
  2. DadeO
  3. TwistedGray
  4. fourfarthing
  5. Thorrak
  6. PianoMan
  7. pshankstar
  8. GaBrewZoo
  9. JDXX1971

So RevKev has got the FotD picks set for next Sunday at 2:00 EST, so we can do this one on Sunday before or after FotD or on the Saturday before. What works best for you all?

I'll be working Saturday night and I usually get up about 2, so if we do it Sunday I would prefer after. I'm off Friday night and brewing Saturday, so that's good with me also. Offers look GREAT btw.
. :bravo:

Back